Key West Trip!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, 66 and 98 piggyback for a little bit, that's what I rode today. A great day for it!

Tony & Vic, decided to take advantage of the great weather today and went for a ride. I started out going to Okeechobee, looking for a way down to your place in May. Decided not to stop there, and went to WPB! Just under 3hrs, with light traffic. I took SR17s from Bartow, then took SR66e out of Zolfo Springs. That got me to Okeechobee, where I took SR710s into WPB. Not a bad ride, with few lights, but places to stop if needed. I think Steve and I will go that way to y'all's place.

Steve, remind me to go over this route with you when we next meet.

Okeedokee, will do Rob. Was a great day for a ride today but we had prior arrangements in Apollo Beach and went in the BM, top down though!

Steve and I went for a ride together yesterday, trying to find that laid back Florida...West Coast style!

Don't worry, Chuck. There'll be plentiful sunshine in key west. The beaches suck but, we won't be there for the beaches.. I can show you some killer beaches by my house. :))

I shall pack a pair of swim trunks just in case. Somehow I dont think you guys would appreciate my alternate swimwear.

I'm thinking you might be right on that one, Chuck. We have swimsuit optional beaches here but, its really old people and NOT a pretty site. Lmao

We are always getting new members, and I'm posting this in case they venture here.

This Key West trip is on! We may not post often right now, but will increase the closer it gets.

It's May 17, 18, and 19. Stay 1,2, or 3 days, your choice. Some have made reservations at the Caribbean House, just a block off of Duval St. Read through previous posts to catch up on plans so far.

All members are welcome!

Ok, Boys. The thing that I was fearing the most has happened. We have to move the Key West Trip to anytime after May 31st. My profession gets Audited every five years. It's a three way Gang Bang involving the Me, the FAA and the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, the org that controls everything we do being that we play with Radiation. I knew we were due in 2014 but, we had No Idea when. I just got informed that they are joining forces and paying me a visit in MAY! They go through everything I've done with a fine toothed comb in the last five years and It pretty much will be a month long ordeal.

I'm thinking we can pick a weekend in June. All we have to do is call and change the dates. If you guys choose to keep the May 17-19 weekend, I don't know if I can provide the Bed and Breakfast in my house because I have NO idea what I'll be doing that weekend. Chime in and lets plan for a weekend that will be good for all of us. Sorry for the inconvenience. Let me know what youz guyz wanna do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, Boys. The thing that I was fearing the most has happened. We have to move the Key West Trip to anytime after May 31st. My profession gets Audited every five years. It's a three way Gang Bang involving the Me, the FAA and the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, the org that controls everything we do being that we play with Radiation. I knew we were due in 2014 but, we had No Idea when. I just got informed that they are joining forces and paying me a visit in MAY! They go through everything I've done with a fine toothed comb in the last five years and It pretty much will be a month long ordeal.
I'm thinking we can pick a weekend in April. All we have to do is call and change the dates. If you guys choose to keep the May 17-19 weekend, I don't know if I can provide the Bed and Breakfast in my house because I have NO idea what I'll be doing that weekend. Chime in and lets plan for a weekend that will be good for all of us. Sorry for the inconvenience. Let me know what youz guyz wanna do.
Okay Vic. Will be speaking to Rob today and will get back to you ASAP.

Yep. It a bummer alright. I was looking forward for that weekend but, I'm looking at this as just a minor adjustment. Shortly after would be fine. From the drilling I'll be dealing with, I'll need a weekend in Margaritaville badly! Being that I'm a glass half full guy, I'm looking forward for a mellow 5 years before the next one. :)

I'm thinking the same thing. Early June would be good. The sooner the better.

Before May would be impossible for me. I'm on lockdown mode right now getting ready for the audit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn Vic, that sucks! Unfortunately, after the May 17-19th date, I'm booked 'til near the end of June. So I won't be able to do it any later. Are you sure there isn't any chance you'd be able to make it? I'm gonna stick with the May 17-19th date and hope that you and any others can make it. If not, then I guess I'll just do the Duval Crawl by myself. :(

Either way, I hope you get through your audit unscathed, and we'll have other rides to get together if you can't make it.

All the best, Rob

Go for it, Rob. There's no way I can make that date. I hope everyone else can still make it so you don't have to crawl alone. I'll keep you guys posted if I can on the availability of the bed and breakfast. I hope I can be here for you guys but, as of right now, I don't have a clue. AVIATION SUCKS!!!! Well..... Sometimes. When I'm not getting grilled, it's actually the best job in the world!

Right now I'm going through everything to make sure we're good. I run a tight ship but, you never know about that one "T" not getting crossed or an "I" not being dotted. I'm sure I'll be fine. Take many pictures. :)

Aawww Vic, that sucks! Of course it's the last thing you needed to happen at that time, though we all appreciate it's a necessity in your line of work and wish you every success with it. Damn paperwork !!

You may recall that I couldn't make the original suggested date due to family commitments, and getting into June and later doesn't really work for me either, as far as a long weekender goes. So, looks like I will stick with our planned date and raise a glass or two to you over the weekend!

Would be great to hook up with you, Chuck35, Tony and any other guys that are able to stick with it, just post up and keep in the loop.

Besides, I'm still interested in that double room with private bath and entrance you promised me if it's doable too!! LMAO.

Take care Vic and see you.