Key West Trip!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok then, the 17-18th it is!
Steve I've PM'd you.

Okay Rob, duly replied.

That's great Vic, we are on the way! What's happening with Chuck and El Toro?

You guys gonna meet up at Vic's or Tony's place or somewhere en route? Is Gary up for it or any of the others?

I'm in guys

I was just waiting for things to finalize. And have been working my ass off today.

I have mondays off as well
wink.png

I suppose I need to book a room also. Vic has my back for friday night
wink.png

Which hotel? spell this out real plainly so I don't screw up!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, Chuck. I've got you covered. Actually, all three of you have a room reserved at my place. I'll try to tidy things up In time. If not, bring a can of endust and a rag. :))

Two nights is better. After riding all the way down there, It'll be a total shame if we missed the opportunity to enjoy the Sunday morning cup of coffee and breakfast to make the hangover go away and still have a whole day ahead of us. (I'm a planner)! Lmao

This is going to Fun! :)

Ok, room booked. Steve and I will split a room with twin beds. Can't wait for this trip with y'all!

I'd prefer https://caribbeanhousekw.com/reservations.htm personally. A $100 difference for one night, when we will be invading Duval most/all of the night, doesn't really seem justified IMHO. Now if I was going down there with wifey for a few days, maybe. I just believe that we'll use it to stow our stuff and crash for the night. Yes, Banana Bay has a topless swimming pool, but from what I know of nudists types, they are mostly above 70 and not what you want to see if your value your eyesight! The $100 savings will most likely needed for Duval anyway. :)
Chuck, this is the link for where we booked. May 17-18th. If you can split a room, it can hold expenses, that's what Steve and I are doing. Plus, that affords more money for drinks and a gift for my daughter and wife (I spoil them).

I'm in guysI was just waiting for things to finalize. And have been working my ass off today.

I have mondays off as well ;)

I suppose I need to book a room also. Vic has my back for friday night ;)

Which hotel? spell this out real plainly so I don't screw up!
Caribbean House KW

226 Petronia Street

Key West, FL 33040

305-296-0999

[email protected]

I'd prefer https://caribbeanhousekw.com/reservations.htm personally. A $100 difference for one night, when we will be invading Duval most/all of the night, doesn't really seem justified IMHO. Now if I was going down there with wifey for a few days, maybe. I just believe that we'll use it to stow our stuff and crash for the night. Yes, Banana Bay has a topless swimming pool, but from what I know of nudists types, they are mostly above 70 and not what you want to see if your value your eyesight! The $100 savings will most likely needed for Duval anyway. :)
Chuck, this is the link for where we booked. May 17-18th. If you can split a room, it can hold expenses, that's what Steve and I are doing. Plus, that affords more money for drinks and a gift for my daughter and wife (I spoil them).
I got a queen bed. I snore like a drunken sailor. You will want to change rooms and they will say: NO!!! Save yourself the trouble. It'll be worth it! Lmao!!

OK its official!

I'm in cause I have spent money!

I booked a double (twin) room. If someone wants to split it just pay the remaining 1/2 at check in ;)

Cool Beanz, I'm thinking it might be a good idea to swap cellphone numbers so we can keep in touch with minor details as this get closer. PM me your numbers and I'll give you mine. A 4 way text works wonders! It's On! Bitches!!! :))

Cool Beanz, I'm thinking it might be a good idea to swap cellphone numbers so we can keep in touch with minor details as this get closer. PM me your numbers and I'll give you mine. A 4 way text works wonders! It's On! Bitches!!! :))
Done!

I was just plugging addresses into Google Maps. There is a lot of miles for me to cover.

The SS1000 from JAX in March is going to prove (to me) that I have what it takes for this trip.

It looks like I can save an hour if I use the turnpike. How much is the toll?

Vic, thank you for letting us stay over. Your first drink is on me!
Excellent! I'll take it! And if I remember correctly, Steve owes me a beer for the perfect date that he could make it! Again! (I'm a Planner)! Lmao! :))

You got it Vic. Hell, I'll buy you another for that room with private bath and entrance to the house!!!

Done!I was just plugging addresses into Google Maps. There is a lot of miles for me to cover.

The SS1000 from JAX in March is going to prove (to me) that I have what it takes for this trip.

Here ya go. https://www.floridasturnpike.com/TollCalcV3/index.htm

Vic, thank you for letting us stay over. Your first drink is on me!
Excellent! I'll take it! And if I remember correctly, Steve owes me a beer for the perfect date that he could make it! Again! (I'm a Planner)! Lmao! :))

You got it Vic. Hell, I'll buy you another for that room with private bath and entrance to the house!!!
I had to let you have that one, Steve. You threatened me with the nude pictures and the goat! Nuff Said... :)

Done!

I was just plugging addresses into Google Maps. There is a lot of miles for me to cover.

If I remember correctly, the total cost on the Florida turnpike from Inverness coming down I-75 (where it starts in the north) to my exit is about $15. You have my address. Your gps will tell you what to do after you get off at the Beeline SR710 exit. :)