Key West Trip!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Count me in for 17-18th as well. I can really do most any weekend, as I don't have a lot of plans. What everyone wants to do, as long as it's not the end of May, as I'm going to fly to Texas to surprise my mother on her birthday.

Yep, that's right, I'm the GOOD son. :)

Majicmaker votes for May 17-18

Chuck35 votes for May 17-18

YummYam votes May 17-18

LKLD votes May 17-18

NEXT?!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's some weather averages for KW, to sorta give an idea what to expect in not only May, but other months.

Key West

min F------max F-----avg F-------avg prcp

Jan 64.8-- 74.7 -- 69.8 -- 2.01

Feb 65.4 --- 75.3 --- 70.4 --- 1.80

Mar 69.1 --- 78.6 --- 73.8 --- 1.71

Apr 72.4 --- 81.9 --- 77.1 --- 1.75

May 75.9 --- 85.0 --- 80.5 --- 3.46

Jun 78.5 --- 87.6 --- 83.1 --- 5.09

Jul 79.8 --- 89.1 --- 84.5 --- 3.61

Aug 79.4 --- 89.3 --- 84.3 --- 5.03

Sep 78.6 --- 88.0 --- 83.3 --- 5.85

Oct 75.6 --- 84.4 --- 80.0--- 4.42

Nov 71.2 --- 80.0 --- 75.6 --- 2.84

Dec 66.9 --- 76.2 --- 71.5--- 2.02

Avg 73.1 --- 82.5 --- 77.8 --- 39.60

Vic, go ahead and bring it, but at a daily avg. of 0.12" per day in May, doubt you'll need it.

Vic, go ahead and bring it, but at a daily avg. of 0.12" per day in May, doubt you'll need it.
You're probably right but, I don't leave home without it. It's Florida for Christ's Sake! :)
I'm thinking maybe we should pull the trigger on the rooms. What do you think?

Well, you think we should wait and see if anyone else is going? Also, what place did you have in mind and what rates are they charging? Is this the same one Tony mentioned earlier?

Btw, riding Sunday. Want to meet up? If so, PM me.

Check out Post # 46. The Banana Bay Resort. $226. Tony mentioned another one at $130 something. Go back and check that post and google it. It might work. Also, Jim said he'll check out the Banana Bay and report back.

I'd prefer https://caribbeanhousekw.com/reservations.htm personally. A $100 difference for one night, when we will be invading Duval most/all of the night, doesn't really seem justified IMHO. Now if I was going down there with wifey for a few days, maybe. I just believe that we'll use it to stow our stuff and crash for the night. Yes, Banana Bay has a topless swimming pool, but from what I know of nudists types, they are mostly above 70 and not what you want to see if your value your eyesight! The $100 savings will most likely needed for Duval anyway. :)

That's the one Tony mentioned in an earlier post in "Destinations" if I'm not mistaken.

My wife and I stayed there. They have private parking for guest in front of the motel. We parked there and never rode the bike again until we departed KW.

Out front they have a balcony with Tables and chairs for get together night caps.

So Tony, are you up for the May 17-18th date?
Most likely I will ride down for this (90%), 2 up is unsure at this time.

I would also ride down IF an earlier trip was planned for those who cannot make the May trip.

So Jim and Gary…. 2 trips down would not be a crime.

I also have a great day ride for us to do some Saturday or Sunday with a pretty good location for most:

‎www.solomonscastle.org

Boat in the Moat rocks!

Be warned… This is NOT an urban destination!

There is a Two night minimum at this place. Is that alright with you guys? It's alright with me! :)
If two riders have different plans i.e. Friday night/Saturday night, they could split the cost and just get one room.

Many options, but compared to most other places to stay- it is like two nights for the price of one.

There is a Two night minimum at this place. Is that alright with you guys? It's alright with me! :)

Well I'm thinking to hell with it, I'm up for staying Sat and Sun nights and ride home Monday if it works for you guys.

Vic, I'd still like to crash at yours on Fri night even if we go for the above.

Still okay?