Laam seats

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still waiting to experience all this so called great customer service of his. I originally contacted him 6 weeks ago and discussed having my seat done. He informed me had at least 6 pans in stock for my year and he would tag one for me. I emailed my order form in and a week or so later emailed again to make sure he got my order. I did get an email back that stated they did have my order. I know he probably fairly busy this time of year but its been a month since the last contact. I've called twice and left polite messages each time and emailed an inquiry as well. No replies in any form. Wtf? I must be the only FJR rider that feels f'd. I'm freaking pissed. I don't care if he calls and say it'll be another month, just fucking call! Not feeling any love from Seth. Let me restate I've been most polite until recently. I have not left him a nastygram but I sure feel like it.
Seth does not use email that much. I would call him again.

Dual.

Finally got some miles on mine and am completely satisfied, exactly what I wanted. Best seat I've ever had on a bike. Makes me want to ride more.

Update:

Seth called me today to briefly discuss what he's doing to adjust my seats. He wasn't exactly pleasant to talk to, but I did bring up the whole customer service doing down the tubes thing and I find myself having to sympathize with him to some degree. He said he's been working 16 hour days pretty much constantly and I believe him.
sleepy.gif
I can relate to that. Doesn't really mean it's an excuse but it does explain the lack of cheer during correspondence. I get a bit stressed after only a couple 12 hour days.
wackosmiley.gif

As long as Seth does my seat first before all you other guys I would consider him as having good customer service...

Seth, take a day off! get a goodnight sleep! then do mine...hurry up will you...and no drinking the night before...

Seth will be on vacation all of next week. I had a chat with him earlier this week and found him to be as friendly and helpful as ever.
...that's because he has narrowed down his workload to just do my seat...which makes perfect sense to me

Just had my seat and pillion done by Seth. Did a ride-in last weekend, starting with the 600 mile ride down to Redding on Friday. Was quite saddle sore from that day. Did 800 miles coming back on Saturday and Sunday and can't overstate the improvement in ride comfort. I had RDL on previous FJR (2005) and wasn't nearly as comfortable as the Laam seats I have on my new 2014.

Just had my seat and pillion done by Seth on 6/23. Did a ride in appointment and this is by far the best thing I have done to my bike. Three hour ride to Redding and my wife was ready to call it quits on riding. The next day after Seth did the seat we rode for 6 hours and the wife was fine. She told me the seat has saved riding for her.

I guess he is getting too busy, there is a thread on the COG forum about guys who can't get in touch with him, either by phone or email. He needs to step up and start contacting people or he will lose a lot of business

I guess he is getting too busy, there is a thread on the COG forum about guys who can't get in touch with him, either by phone or email. He needs to step up and start contacting people or he will lose a lot of business
Seth creates a problem for himself with a "email contact" on his webpage that either doesn't work or he doesn't bother to check. I have always been able to contact him by calling around 7:00 AM (PDT) or sending a text to his phone number. Anyone wanting a fast turn-a-round should order their seat during the the winter or make an appointment for a ride-in.

Sent mine to him 2 wks ago...haven't heard from him since despite repeated inquiries on my part. But if the seat comes back half as good as the PR portrays, I 'll wait.

I had the worse luck with An Ultimate seat on my Wing which turned into a board, A low Sargent which felt like a wooden bench, A custom Bill Meyer which was so ridiculous that I think an apprentice did. I had a Russel low seat which was also brutally hard.

So if Seth come up with a great seat it 'll be worth the wait....but hey Seth, can you get it done by tonight?

I have to say that I have not had great luck with that e-mail either. However he always either answers the phone or calls back (somewhat) promptly.

I called him last week and had a nice chat with him, he well remembered me, my seat, and the threads I started on the ST1300 forums about his seats. He told me that he was going to be on vacation all of this week.

I am sure the RDL is more comfortable for the true IBR guys but considering the quality and the level of customer service I have gotten from Seth, I may have to get another Laam.

Rant:

Why in the world do people insist on talking in acronyms? Are you saving bits, electricity?

It took me a half an hour to figure out what in the world is RDL, this, after exposing my dumbness to the world of Yamawhos by asking what is Gen I, GenII and Gen III. Once I figure that and the RDL, I was doing really well and now...I have to go research what is IBR guys.

Does it take that much energy in your computer to write Russel Day Long? Just for your info. As a self made computer engineer, I must inform you that caps in RDL use more photon energy than the lower caps russel day long...aha!

I hope you are not serious. I sincerely hope you are not serious.

Just in case you are serious, IBR stands for Iron Butt Rally. Just in case you are serious, try reading some old threads and learning before you post. And finally just in case you are serious, FYYFF. Have fun looking up that time saving acronym.

If you are only joking, then please disregard the last two sentences.

Well FM if didn't ask a question get an FU up my FA for not knowing IBR...whatta a D!

FYI, I am kidding man! but RUFKM, you mean I got to go read old forums threads and learn before I post? YGTBFKM bro!!!

IGU I TITT ... the patriarchal are coming out their caves...

I don't need counseling, and I wasn't complaining, more like jesting... but I am happy you got to post an acronym ... and MSIS

ultimately, PMYMHMMFSWGAD

How about those Laam seats ah? Aren't they great! I wish I had mine.

Latest posts