Let's do a Group Ride of Costa Rica in 2012 with MotoDiscovery.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart
Reaction score
FJR Forum, let's ride Costa Rica with Barak and Skip in 2012. I had approached Senor Mascorro regarding a "smoking deal" ride for the Copper Canyon Explorer Trek Veterans of 2010 and their Amigos. SkipM and BarakN have come back with a great suggestion we of the FJR Forum ride Costa Rica as a designated group.

First, we Tres Hombres need some feedback of dates that will work best for the most amount of people here on our FJR Forum! After a potential schedule is formulated, then Skip and Barak will start laying out routes and potential overnight stop points; and destinations in Costa Rica that would be of most interest to everybody!

You can post up the specific dates that work best personally for you here on the Forum, or send them directly to Skip at [email protected] or call Skip at 1-800-233-0564. You can also forward your request to [email protected] or just call Papa Chuy at 480-440-4666

"Hi Don,

I took a second look at the video of the Copper Canyon Explorer last week and was even more touched by it the second time. What an experience. I wish I could have been with you guys. Barak did a fine job...again.

Hey I wanted to offer you a proposition. We're getting back into Costa Rica this year now that we have access to BMW as well as KTM bikes. I love the place, ran tons of tours there in the 1990's and can't wait to return. If you haven't been, you'll love the place too.

Help me promote a date, and you'll get a deal...a VERY good deal.

I know you'd support this anyway Don, but you have been good to us and I'd like to return the favor.

Drop me a note or call when you can and we can go over the details.

Have a great Easter weekend and thanks again for your years of support.

Saludos,

Skip Mascorro"

--

MotoDiscovery

22200 Highway 46 West

Spring Branch, Texas 78070 -6774 USA

Toll Free USA & Canada 1(800) 233-0564

PH (830) 438-7744 FAX (830) 438-7745

https://www.motodiscovery.com

[email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude. You need to go back to work. You have waaaay too much time on your hands. You can only masturbate so many times a day, eh?

Dude. You need to go back to work. You have waaaay too much time on your hands. You can only masturbate so many times a day, eh?
Yeah Skooty, after about 6 times this Old Goat's all pooped out; then I go for a ride on my motorcycle. Isn't Retirement Wonderful, ese!

Yeah Skooty, after about 6 times this Old Goat's all pooped out; then I go for a ride on my motorcycle. Isn't Retirement Wonderful, ese!
I could constantly 'amuse' myself thinking about riding in Costa Rica.

I guess if I had to I could hold my nose and ride a Pumpkin but a Beemer is going too far. Being of Polish heritage I get nervous whenever there is anything German around though KTM is Austrian and sometimes that can be worse.

Anytime that would cancel out February in the Great White North would be fine by me. But I'll go anytime.

For those not retired - DO SO NOW!!!

I recommend it highly. ;)

I could constantly 'amuse' myself thinking about riding in Costa Rica.

I guess if I had to I could hold my nose and ride a Pumpkin but a Beemer is going too far. Being of Polish heritage I get nervous whenever there is anything German around though KTM is Austrian and sometimes that can be worse.

Anytime that would cancel out February in the Great White North would be fine by me. But I'll go anytime.

For those not retired - DO SO NOW!!!

I recommend it highly. ;)
yamafitter Bill, Great minds do think alike, I also thought February of 2012 would be the perfect month for this. Skip may be able to acquire other brands of DS bikes.

Now .. THIS .. would be a hell of an experience !! 2-up though ?? Hmmmmm. BMW 1200 DS ......... Oh Deb, c'mere Deb, read Don's post ..
Saludos Roger y Deb, The Beauty of this trip is it can be whatever the participants request of Skip and Barak in advance. If the emphasis requested is heavy dirt and light on pavement, that's what MotoDiscovery will tailor for us. Or, the concentration can be on mostly pavement with just enough dirt roads to keep it interesting. Yet again, the trip could be balanced out 50-50 dirt versus pavement. Since MD runs a "sag wagon" if a rough section is encountered, the pillion can jump into the support truck and rejoin her rider when smoother terrain is reached. We really are calling the shots here. Per Skip, pictures will be posted 4/26! Also, a preliminary routing of CR.

We went to Costa Rica a few years ago and it's a great place. Trees full of monkeys dropping papayas (or mangoes?) on us. Hot and cold running iguanas too.

Pura Vida!
Thanks for the inside information, Max. This will be Papa Chuy Viejo's first motorcycle riding trip to Costa Rica, I am really looking forward to this Expedition!

Will we get a free t-shirt?
Si estimado Paco, but of course:

39704845v2_225x225_Front_padToSquare-true.jpg

Now this in an interesting one. How long would this take? Duration? 2-3 weeks ish?
FJRK, not less than a week and not more than 2 weeks. This is a custom made tour just for the FJR Forum, so we make it what we want as far as destinations ridden.

Will we get a free t-shirt?
Looking for a new Spring wardrobe?

Are you going to drag along that 'Q-Tip' from Texas?
Bill, I sent 'Q-Tip' an e-mail yesterday. As long as his "Industrial Mill" e-mail address is good, he knows about this trip. We can't go without our "Goober King", Scott!

Just in case you guys wanted to know what Costa Rica looks like, here's what it looks like! Our roads are carved through the jungle. Actually, it took 2 minutes for me to see the jungle in this picture.

costa_rica_beaches_l.jpg

Spent a week there recently in the Guanacaste region (NW CR); lots and lots of local bikes around. The pavement was ok but the many many dirt roads to the "sights" in the mountains were difficult in a van, though it's a whole different perspective on a bike. The worse roads were the paved roads in disrepair oh oh. But nothing I saw that I wouldn't take the FJR on .... :) Try to have fun eh......

Now .. THIS .. would be a hell of an experience !! 2-up though ?? Hmmmmm. BMW 1200 DS ......... Oh Deb, c'mere Deb, read Don's post ..
I've ridden on the back of a GS. Quite a comfortable ride, but we didn't go off road.

Speaking of Costa Rica, it's a matter of hours until I leave for that beautiful place. Sadly, there is no motorcycle involved (yet).