Let's do a Group Ride of Costa Rica in 2012 with MotoDiscovery.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O.K so who plans to take their wife, partner or whatever it's called this year? Since I can't take my own bike, I guess it really won't matter if the trails are challenging or not and just maybe it will be nice for once on my part to take the wife on a trip like this. :eek:

O.K so who plans to take their wife, partner or whatever it's called this year? Since I can't take my own bike, I guess it really won't matter if the trails are challenging or not and just maybe it will be nice for once on my part to take the wife on a trip like this. :eek:
Papa Chuy is taking his Gal Donna on this trip and I believe that Ken from Montana is bringing his wife Ann along on the Costa Rica Ride. Last that I heard, yamafitter is dragging Bustanut joker along as his "date"!

Mine caint go. She has to work.

She thinks I need to work too, but I'm working on that.....

Last edited by a moderator:
... Last that I heard, yamafitter is dragging Bustanut joker along as his "date"!
Now that's really rude :p

Plus I have to protect this pretty thing from you ruffians...

costa_rica_beaches_l.jpg

Don, How will this affect our planned ride with the boys to denali

Steve O
Hola Steve O, Alaska 2012 in June or July for Seth and Daddy Don and you and your son is Ride Numero Uno. It has pretty much been decided that February will be the Costa Rica trip, so CR will not interfere with The Stanley Boys AK three week run. DonS

Don, How will this affect our planned ride with the boys to denali

Steve O
Hola Steve O, Alaska 2012 in June or July for Seth and Daddy Don and you and your son is Ride Numero Uno. It has pretty much been decided that February will be the Costa Rica trip, so CR will not interfere with The Stanley Boys AK three week run. DonS
Don Glad to here that. Steve O and Son Justin are Stoked to Join Big Daddy Don and Son Seth on this historic ride next June to AK its Number one with us to

Steve O

Costa Rica motorcycling video to tempt you! This is right up the alley of the Goober Kings: rushes, yamafitter, fjrrider and Chris_D! Riding motos on a sandy CR beach!

Now that's what we're talking about!!!

Not so sure about doing that on a GS1200 Beemer though. I don't want to be trying to push a pig of a bike like that when it decides to bury itself. It was funny enough watching Don trying to extricate Miss Piggy from the Rio Urique while the buzzards circled overhead without adding the extra tonnage of a 1200.

Give me a 690cc Pumpkin with decent knobbies and I'll be playing out there all day.

Give me a 690cc Pumpkin with decent knobbies and I'll be playing out there all day.
Bill, you mean like this one:

12.jpg

When I see that I think of this...

pumpkin%20bike-L.jpg

Plus I have to protect this pretty thing from you ruffians...

costa_rica_beaches_l.jpg
I would rather be riding this, but a BMW R1200GS will just have to do!
Now I know she needs me to protect her. Does the girlfriend know about your plans??
Bill, at this point in time my Miss Donna has not 100% committed to going to Costa Rica in February 2012. Her Daughter and her four grandchildren just moved to San Diego from Philadelphia, and Donna is loving the fact she is now just a 5 hour drive away from the Grandkids!

If she does decide to go, I'm still booked for a BMW R1200GS. If she decides to stay closer to her grandkids, then I'm also going with a Pumpkin. As shitty an off road rider as Papa Chuy is, I need every single advantage that I can get; and the Katoom is the lightest M/C rental!

CostaRica426.jpg

Here's a photo from my vacation, last week. The GS was parked on the beach in Puerto Viejo on the Caribbean coast of Costa Rica. It wasn't mine though. I snapped the photo because the bike stood out dramatically amidst all the under 200cc bikes around. Sure is a great place to travel to.

CostaRica426.jpg

Here's a photo from my vacation, last week. The GS was parked on the beach in Puerto Viejo on the Caribbean coast of Costa Rica. It wasn't mine though. I snapped the photo because the bike stood out dramatically amidst all the under 200cc bikes around. Sure is a great place to travel to.
Muchas Gracias, La Pinguina Plata! Please share as many of your Costa Rica photographs as you can. I can hardly wait to go, CR has been on my bucket list forever!!

Here are a few photos, taken during my visit to Costa Rica last week.

Clicky here

And then here

The roads just cry out for dirt and/or adventure bikes. Many of the roads we traveled on were unpaved. For our Zip-line outing, the organizers sent one SUV plus and older pick up truck. Several of us rode in the bed of the truck. Not quite two wheels, but almost as much fun.

The climate on the East side of the country was just perfect. It was probably in the eighties with a pleasant level of humidity. I got up at 4am each day for a sunrise yoga class. T-shirt and shorts were comfortable at that time of day. It got light about 4:45 and dark about 17:45. The rainy season begins in May.

Here are a few photos, taken during my visit to Costa Rica last week.

Clicky here

And then here

The roads just cry out for dirt and/or adventure bikes. Many of the roads we traveled on were unpaved. For our Zip-line outing, the organizers sent one SUV plus and older pick up truck. Several of us rode in the bed of the truck. Not quite two wheels, but almost as much fun.

The climate on the East side of the country was just perfect. It was probably in the eighties with a pleasant level of humidity. I got up at 4am each day for a sunrise yoga class. T-shirt and shorts were comfortable at that time of day. It got light about 4:45 and dark about 17:45. The rainy season begins in May.
Muchas Gracias, La Pinguina Plata! For you folks considering going to Costa Rica next February with FJR Forum, you really need to check out Jill's fantastic photos!