Loseing clock andtrip miles

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rogerfjrfaster

Reaction score
:clapping: Hey I've got a problem, I keep loseing the clock and trip milage :blink: . Has anyone had this and what did they find to cure it. :yahoo:

rogerfjrfaster

It's almost surely your battery. When you start your bike the battery voltage drops below a certain voltage level causing the clock and odo to reset. Could be a bad battery, bad cable connections or bad charging system.

How old is your FJR, how old is your battery? Has your battery been depleted to the point that it had to be recharged before it would start your bike?

When that happened to me, the culprit turned out to be the battery. It had gotten to the point that would no longer hold a solid charge overnight. When I started the bike, it would draw enough current from the ailing battery to cause the clock to reset. A new battery fixed it right up.

Note: This may not be the case for you. Could be other things as well, such as your starter, too many farkles, etc... Without more detail, it's impossible to say.

:clapping: Hey I've got a problem, I keep loseing the clock and trip milage :blink: . Has anyone had this and what did they find to cure it. :yahoo: rogerfjrfaster

I had the same thing happen to me about 6 weeks ago. It has not happened since I replaced the battery.

Mark