MT. Washington ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rindgerider

Reaction score
Due to poor weather forecast and light interest, This ride is CANCELLED. I will re-schedule at a later date. Thanks for the interest folks. :exhappysmiley:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm most certainly interested.

I have to see what this weekend will bring as far as the race bike goes....not sure exactly when the deal's going down so put me down as tentative.

Is there a particular meeting spot or is it at your house?

It figures We have an away wedding in Boothbay Harbor this weekend... Damn Newlyweds! I'm gonna make a new rule,

No weddings during riding season! Unless it's a ride in, with the reception another two hours away

Hey folks, I am looking to see if anyone is interested in taking a day ride this Saturday the 28th weather permitting. I would want to head from my house in Rindge, NH as early as possible so we could make it home that night. Anyone interested?

The meeting place would be Foggs Corner at the junction of rtes 119 and 202 in Rindge. We can then stop along the way to pick up others.

I should also mention for those that have never been up the auto road that it is partialy dirt and can be intimidating to people who dont like heights.( my wife has to close her eyes to be able to ride up in the car)
If you wait till August you can ride up on your bicycle :rolleyes:

https://www.mountwashingtonroadrace.com/

It's not looking too good for me. Race bike's being scooped on Sunday, which isn't a problem, but as it turns out my mother wants me to look at a bike with her and it sounds like Saturday's gonna be the day....we'll see what happens with that.

Is there a specific time to be at the meet spot?

Still tentative for me...

If I didn't have previous, unbreakable plans, I'd be in for sure. Any chance of changing it to the following weekend if you don't have enough interest for this date?

If I didn't have previous, unbreakable plans, I'd be in for sure. Any chance of changing it to the following weekend if you don't have enough interest for this date?

I'm easy ( my wife can verify this ) Yes, we could look at the following weekend. That was going to be my rain date. Would there be more interest in doing it 4th of July weekend??

Another time, unfortunately. Working this weekend in prep. for the 4th.

I could have met you mid-state.

Ride up is great. Wife didn't like the view on way down though.

I was able to "idle" down in 2nd gear. Almost no braking. Saw an old Cadillac with smoking hot rotors on one of the pull-offs!

Perhaps next weekend would be better to give a bit more notice and then maybe more could attend.

The weather looks potentially sketchy anyway.

Either way, give me a day/date, time and place and chances are I'll be there.

Also, you may want to edit the subject line to include the date to get people to notice more.

Perhaps next weekend would be better to give a bit more notice and then maybe more could attend.
The weather looks potentially sketchy anyway.

Either way, give me a day/date, time and place and chances are I'll be there.

Also, you may want to edit the subject line to include the date to get people to notice more.
Excellent idea!!

I'll be watching. I rode right past Mt Washington last October on my NY - VT - NH - ME solo adventure - I was under a time crunch but sure thought about detouring and taking a spin up that bad boy.

Due to poor weather forecast and light interest, This ride is CANCELLED. I will re-schedule at a later date. Thanks for the interest folks. :exhappysmiley:
I live in Mt Wash Valley. Just joined forum and always looking to get out and ride and meet new people.

Thank you,

Bob

I may be interested.

I'll be watching for date, time, and place to meet.

Just got Russell seat, and want to try it on a long ride.

A.C.

If the weather looks reasonable, I'd be up for doing Mt. Washington on either the 5th or 6th. How about planning for the Saturday with a potential to use Sunday as a raindate? When would most interested parties want to meet at the base, taking into consideration travelling time for those folks who may be coming a ways? Noon? 1 p.m.? Later? If there aren't any solid "for sure's" from people coming from far away, then an earlier time may be desireable.

Personally, my ride time just to get there is roughly 3 hours, and that is slabbing it! But well worth the trip. I am open to all suggestions. I am voting for 1 p.m. That leaves enough time to get up and spend time at the top before coming down without being too rushed in the morning to get up there.

If the weather looks reasonable, I'd be up for doing Mt. Washington on either the 5th or 6th. How about planning for the Saturday with a potential to use Sunday as a raindate? When would most interested parties want to meet at the base, taking into consideration travelling time for those folks who may be coming a ways? Noon? 1 p.m.? Later? If there aren't any solid "for sure's" from people coming from far away, then an earlier time may be desireable.Personally, my ride time just to get there is roughly 3 hours, and that is slabbing it! But well worth the trip. I am open to all suggestions. I am voting for 1 p.m. That leaves enough time to get up and spend time at the top before coming down without being too rushed in the morning to get up there.
Sat would work for me. I am free all weekend,although my other half wants to take a trip to the maine coast. Either way I can make it happen. I live here in MT. Wash. Valley and we can do the mountain and anybody interested in going to the Maine coast it's less than an hour away..

Is this possibly on anytime this week?

Still interested and now available to go...