Multi-Regional Help and Advice Needed

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

101stpathfinder

Trading miles for memories
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Well it is time that I get cracking on this ride planning as I have procrastinated far too long already.

As of now, I will try to run the 10n'10 (5 & Dime) rally. Upon the finish and scoring and Banquet, I am considering another 10/10ths ride that with 10k in the rally,

would combine for a 20/20ths. I want to make the ride extremely challenging with multiple demands for BBG pace. My initial plan was to string Cert. rides that I have

wanted to do together to form one challenging ride. My initial plans were:

SLC, UT to LaPush, WA for the Start of a "Sunset To Sunrise" ride.

Drop down to Coney Island, NY and try a 50CC The Hard Way to SF, CA

Ride to Why, AZ to Whynot, MS and Whynot, NC

Then return home.

It looked like this:

Google Maps

Then after looking at the route and having contact with Ira & Mike, I found out I could attempt this ride:

SLC, UT to LaPush, WA for the start of a "Sunset To Sunrise" AND a start of a 50CC THW

Ride to Coney Island, NY then ride up to Eastport, ME completing both rides in one swoop.

Then ride west to Pikes Peak (Colorado Springs) to start the "Heaven To Hell" ride to Death Valley.

On to Why, AZ to Whynot, MS & Whynot, NC for both Why/Whynot rides

Then home

It looks like this:

Google Maps

Now my questions:

LaPush, WA (?) Would it be better to get the receipt starting the S2S in LaPush then go south down the coast for a fresher receipt starting the 50CC THW? … Waste of energy?

I-90 or I-94 East (US 212 Billings to Spearfish (?))

Avoid Chicago with a highway #2 through the UP and south in Michigan? Or grind along I-80/90 East?

IF I make the 50CC THW in 50 hours, Is there a better way up to Eastport, ME than the obvious I-95 to Bangor then East on "Main/Airline Rds"?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Additional advice is welcomed too…

Thanks, Tony

Last edited by a moderator:
I am also interested in witnesses in the following areas

LaPush, WA July 7

Hoquiam, WA July 7

Coney Island, NY July 9

Boston, MA July 9

Eastport, ME July 10

Colorado Srings, Co July 12

Death Valley, CA July 13

Why, AZ July 14

Whynot, MS July 14

Whynot, NC July 15

Damn Tony! Guess your ready to try out those memory-foam ass injections, huh? :)

Best of luck and ride safe!

Damn Tony! Guess your ready to try out those memory-foam ass injections, huh?
smile.png
Best of luck and ride safe!
This ride is really THERAPY … I hope
unsure.png

… some sad/bad times ahead.
cry.gif

I can't really help you with any of that regional info, but... Mother of Pearl, man!
uhoh.gif
That's one hell of an epic trip! Nothing beats the road for putting things I perspective IMHO, so I hope you get all the therapy/helmet time/brain drain you're looking for, and safely!!

I can't really help you with any of that regional info, but... Mother of Pearl, man!
uhoh.gif
That's one hell of an epic trip! Nothing beats the road for putting things I perspective IMHO, so I hope you get all the therapy/helmet time/brain drain you're looking for, and safely!!
…. and I do need a SLC witness (???) Yours would be epic!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't help you out here, unfortunately, but I hope I'll be able to watch via Spot. Good luck!

Jesse