need some help here

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smooth_Gary

Reaction score
i went for about a 40 mile ride on my 06, it is 95 degrees out,n when i got up to my garage the fans kicked on,so let run for a couple minutes thinking the fans would turn off,,that is what it usually does,,it was reading 9 bars n went down to 8,,i have never seen it go much over 7 bars,,then the engine died,,it sounded like ignition turned off,,i walked over to it,,n turned the switch off,,n it stayed on,,the head light was off,,but the highbeam light was on,,the turn signal idiot lights were on but not flashing,the neutral light was on ,the fuel gauge bars were going on n off,,after a few minutes they all turned off with the key,,now it wont kick over,,i am wandering if it over heated,,n needs to cool to allow some contacts to connect again,,

Electrical problem, not an overheat. And it would have been fine to just shut it off with the fans running. An engine not burning anything will cool much faster than any running engine.

i soldered the 5 wires together then ran a larger gauge wire over from the large black ground wire,n solered them all together,,then wrapped it up into the wiring harness,,i think the gauge of wire yamaha used coming from the large black ground wire to the ground block was to small,, was,the wiring goes out the same hole as the radiator hoses which to me seems a little hot to me,,,