NERDS Website is back from the dead!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have some good news for all of those who will be attending NERDS this year, and are planning on arriving on (or before) Weds night.

FJRed has contacted the nice folks at The Commodores Inn and they have graciously consented to our having the NERDS campfire and barbeque out back behind the hotel by the pond on Wednesday night! Their only stipulation is that we will need to stay off of the hotel's deck as that is part of the restaurant and covered by their liquor license.

So there will be no fun drunk cabbie ride shares, or need to pile into the back of a pickup truck this time around! ;)

"Tech Day" will still take place on Wednesday from 10AM to 5PM at FJRed's house, same as last year. Then we'll plan on firing up the grills at around 6PM behind the hotel. There will be a donations jar to help defray the cost of the food (it'll just be hamburgers and dogs and such) and there are a couple of stores nearby for procurement of the appropriate adult beverages of your choice!

In the event of a crappy weather day, I am considering holding a live GPS Demo one afternoon, where I can demonstrate how to get the most out of your Garmin zumo GPSes. If we see that there is going to be some bad weather coming in, I'll make an announcement and post the day, time and location out in the hotel lobby, where the ride signup sheets are. Hopefully we'll have clear skies all weekend (like last year) and no opportunity to do this demo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then where will we find such high quality entertainment on such short notice??? besides we already comp'ed yourstall room :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Then where will we find such high quality entertainment on such short notice??? besides we already comp'ed yourstall room :lol:

Awwwwwwww you guys :) Did you get a 1st floor restroom stall for me this time?

I do appreciate the free room ,but that broom closet last yer was cramped. Poor dolly had to sleep on a narrow shelf as there wasn't room for the both of us on the floor. :(