New farkles

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TCMike

Reaction score
Finally got around to putting a couple farkles on that I've had for a few weeks.

The pegs are on the Racing 905 crash bars I got through the group buy. I bought them from rivcoproducts.com. The pegs are the black powder coated ant-vibration units, and the matching clamps are the 1 1/4 engine guard clamps. Me likey........my calves brush the corner of the fairing, but it's not un-comfy at all. :exhappysmiley:

Also, through the suggestion of a fellow member I put on the Maxi View blind spot mirrors. First attempt at a mirror mod....don't care for the looks of the FZ mirrors, and can't see much of anything out of the stock ones, so I tried these. I can actually see behind me now....It gives me a bit more of a "peace of mind" feeling knowing what's behind me. I'd recommend them, but they haven't been on long, or rain tested. :thumbsup:

Pardon the messy garage....getting new carpet this week, so I pulled out all of the old this weekend, and haven't disposed of yet.

043941.jpg

044001.jpg

044120.jpg

I bought them from rivcoproducts.com. The pegs are the black powder coated ant-vibration units, and the matching clamps are the 1 1/4 engine guard clamps.
I am interested but their website only lists the chrome ones. I want a farkle, not a Harley sparkle.

I bought them from rivcoproducts.com. The pegs are the black powder coated ant-vibration units, and the matching clamps are the 1 1/4 engine guard clamps.
I am interested but their website only lists the chrome ones. I want a farkle, not a Harley sparkle.
Never mind, you have to search for black highway pegs. Searching for highway pegs only brings up the Harley sparkles.

Do you feel that clearance is not an issue with these? I know, fold them up for the twisties.

Final price shipped for black pegs and black mounts is $106.82. I could not find any valid discount coupons. I will ponder the value for awhile.

Yep, they aren't cheap. Hard to find a decent set in black though. I found some cheapos that might get the job done, but they looked cheap. I also found some from Lindby, but the were around $190. So I balanced out the 2, and bought the Rivco's.

Finally got around to putting a couple farkles on that I've had for a few weeks.
The pegs are on the Racing 905 crash bars I got through the group buy. I bought them from rivcoproducts.com. The pegs are the black powder coated ant-vibration units, and the matching clamps are the 1 1/4 engine guard clamps. Me likey........my calves brush the corner of the fairing, but it's not un-comfy at all. :exhappysmiley:

Also, through the suggestion of a fellow member I put on the Maxi View blind spot mirrors. First attempt at a mirror mod....don't care for the looks of the FZ mirrors, and can't see much of anything out of the stock ones, so I tried these. I can actually see behind me now....It gives me a bit more of a "peace of mind" feeling knowing what's behind me. I'd recommend them, but they haven't been on long, or rain tested. :thumbsup:

Pardon the messy garage....getting new carpet this week, so I pulled out all of the old this weekend, and haven't disposed of yet.

043941.jpg

044001.jpg

044120.jpg
Where did you get the stick on mirrors?

It's not the perfect spot, but it's not bad. It's nice to be able to move a leg, or 2 around on a long ride. They would be even more comfy if they were lower, but I'm not sure about clearance in a lean.

Pics with me on bike.
Thank you very much. I think I will go ahead with my order. Your photographer must not think much of your face since it is cut off in every picture. Or did you just have helmet head?
Dude! I thought you wanted pics of the pegs, so I thought I'd crop out my head so all the other forum members wouldn't get jealous of my ruggedly handsome looks. :rolleyes:

Pics with me on bike.
004738.jpg
I bought the Rivco's but have not installed them. Rivco sent me a discount code for future orders and said that I could post it on the forum. It is good through the end of August. Below is their note:

This will entitle you or a friend to a 10% discount on any order between now and August 31, 2009. If you place an order online use coupon code BUDDY09

if you call in an order just mention this Buddy Special and you will receive a 10% discount on your order.

This is good on any order! We will not back date any orders so if you have ordered recently it is only good from today forward.

Please feel free to share this email with as many riding buddies as you see fit. Pay it forward and pass on the savings!

Stephanie Warner

Sales Associate

RIVCO Products, Inc

Phone: 1-262-763-8222 x 106

Toll Free: 1-888-801-8222 x 106

Fax: 1-262-763-8949

Email: [email protected]

Instant Message: [email protected]

Latest posts