Ok, do you "fast shift" or "slow shift"?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've found if I don't have to silently blast by a Harley and make him shit himself(hehe), my '05 fancies a slow shift. It seems if anything above 3-3500rpm and really getting on the throttle it seems to 'catch' when I shift, just doesn't feel right. So I like to shift down low round 3K, and give it a sec after pullin the clutch, just seems to mesh a lot smoother to me. I'm kind of hoping they smoothed that out on the gen2's....Maybe it's just me, who knows

For those who really, REALLY like "clutch-less" shifting, I refer you to THIS thread...
aaevil.gif

I've found if I don't have to silently blast by a Harley and make him shit himself(hehe), my '05 fancies a slow shift. It seems if anything above 3-3500rpm and really getting on the throttle it seems to 'catch' when I shift, just doesn't feel right. So I like to shift down low round 3K, and give it a sec after pullin the clutch, just seems to mesh a lot smoother to me. I'm kind of hoping they smoothed that out on the gen2's....Maybe it's just me, who knows
It's definitely just you (or possibly your bike). I seldom ride my FJR below 3k rpm, never mind shifting up there.

The FJR will shift nice and smooth at pretty much any rpm. Maybe your clutch is dragging a little too much?