Picked up a New '13 today

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't believe you bought a '13 with all of the Soft Paint issues
biggrinsmiley.gif

I sure like mine and the bugs haven't complained about the soft paint, they still die.

Can't believe you bought a '13 with all of the Soft Paint issues
biggrinsmiley.gif

I sure like mine and the bugs haven't complained about the soft paint, they still die.
Heck, I thought all the Yamaha's had soft paint.

Maybe just the ones that I've owned.

Soft windscreens, too.

no.gif

Like some others here I too prefer the 2013 color over 2014. My wife had that red on a Star and though pretty it is very expensive to touch up. Too flashy for my style as well.

I trade a 2004 that I was very attached to with many trips and a couple Iron Butt rides but this 13 has so many new nice features I got over the trade quickly.

Congrats to you on your new bike.

Scooper

Congrats on the new '13. I'm also a fan of the color and get lots of compliments on it.

Having had one each of the prior generation FJRs, the word "refinements" (used by Allen_C) is spot on. So much of the bike is reminiscient of riding the previous models, but it includes stuff that makes it a more enjoyable machine: fly-by wire throttle w/ 2 modes, cruise, better stock suspension, etc.

and you got her wet already. You stud you.
The first three months I had mine, I was in a pretty violent thunderstorm, then a week later, I hit hail. Then a couple of days later, if I had'nt laid up in a motel, I would have hit a highway washout flood/rainstorm.

Still. it was a pretty good trip.

I just picked up a used '13 from a guy in Marysville, OH. I rode it home Saturday, got a little wet. The cruise is nice on the superslab