Picked up a New '13 today

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I had the pleasure of removing the battery panel .... this being one of early 2013 FJRs.

THAT was a PITA... but now I've set up for my heated gear.

Thanks Smitty141 for the info on the battery panel modification.

On impulse, I ordered the canyon cages and saddlebag guards.

Plus a National Cycle VStream touring windshield and some handlebar riser blocks.

.... and it's not even winter yet.

I just picked up a used '13 from a guy in Marysville, OH. I rode it home Saturday, got a little wet. The cruise is nice on the superslab
Damn...I wanted that bike.
Me too. I am at least happy the new owner joined our forum.
I've been lurking here for a while now. Being more of a dirt rider, I didn't know if I would like the street. I bought an '07 a couple years ago to try it out and got hooked. Buy the way, the '07 is for sale.

Well, I had the pleasure of removing the battery panel .... this being one of early 2013 FJRs.THAT was a PITA... but now I've set up for my heated gear.

Thanks Smitty141 for the info on the battery panel modification.

On impulse, I ordered the canyon cages and saddlebag guards.

Plus a National Cycle VStream touring windshield and some handlebar riser blocks.

.... and it's not even winter yet.
Hey.. Me too_Ordered the same stuff... I am wondering when 2013 production stopped. Both mine and Kevin's bike has a March build date. I would think that would be in the later part of the production cycle. The 2014 would start production in late summer of 2013 IIRC.

Can someone tell me when they changed production to the updated battery panel?

Smitty

Smitty,
Do you still have your water cooled GS. That's a good looking bike.
No, sold it last month. It was a great tool for my return to Alaska, Yukon and the NWT back in June. I also did about 1200 miles of gravel. And a trip up the Dempster Hwy to Inuvik. It makes the Dalton (Haul road) look like a paved hwy.

Smitty

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the National Cycle Touring windscreen today

It's HUGE !

Like WOW !

Cut three inches off and did a minor re-contour and it looks sooooo much better.

These photos are with the windshield in the down position (after being cut down)

windshield2_zpsaa3c9aff.jpg

windshield_zpsa4f3950a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: