Pictures of my wrecked FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badcat

Reaction score
A huge thank you and complete fill-up of kharma for Gregory for getting these pictures for me.

The bike has some pretty good damage on the right side where the BMW R1200RT hit me.

See what you think. Can she be saved? The saddle bags are gone.

Pictures here

Looks like there is a fair amount of cosmetic damage, the footpeg and brake assembly, did it break any structural parts of the frame or just rip off the mounts?

Exhaust system, looks like a good time to try out that new Header Pipe combo you've been thinking about.

Looks like it should be repairable, if your insurance want's to cut you a check and your willing to live with some experience scars.........

Take the check and buy a new one, after you heal up bro.

I hate to say it -- our '06's aren't worth as much as they used to be. That's a lot of damage. Take the seats and other good bits off.

Others might disagree.

Cudos Gregory for helping badcat with the pics.

Damn shame they parked her next to a Harley...

No. Having been insurance for a long time in my past, they will call it totaled. I assume he had insurance or you do have coverage on the bike .

Take the money and run. Take everything you can off the bike that you may want on the new one and bail.

Hope to see pics of new 9, 10 from ya soon.

I'd take the check and start fresh. I would bet that a lot of stuff is tweaked that you can't see.

Take the money and walk away from it.

You can get a good deal on another one right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks totaled to me. I'd take the cash and buy a replacement bike.

Your insurance company will probably let you remove your farkles, but they'll want things restored to the bike that came from the factory. I mean they'll probably let you take the custom seats but want the stock seats. That kind of thing. If it were me, I'd take the money and then offer a nominal sum for the wreck. Once you have the wreck at home you can determine if you want to fix it or use it for parts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Burk,

No worries, happy to get them for you.

Seems like the consensus is on taking the money and getting new. It will be interesting to see how the Ins co feels about it.

Hope your sleeping better,

Greg

I'm glad your healing.

But I don't think that bike will. That's alot of damage. Those parts are going to add up quickly. I would look carefully at the frame behind those sliders for cracks.

Best wishes for a quick recovery.

I concur with the others; move on to a newer bike and let this one retire. It's looking pretty banged up. Besides, that junkyard dog probably already pissed on the tires, and who knows what kind of bad karma THAT might bring.

Badcat

We tend to get attached to our bikes after a while. We put some good miles on them - live with them for several years.

But - when it comes right down to it -
[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]It's only a bike.

Take what you can from it, and settle with the insurance company. Even if you rebuild it, there are always compromises involved. I see a lot of dollars to spend, but it will never be quite right again.

Find another low milage '06, if you like that color, and bring it up to your standards. You may even have some left over cash to complete your trip.

The good thing is you survived the crash!

Take your time and heal up right.

Brodie

Take the check and buy a new one, after you heal up bro.
I hate to say it -- our '06's aren't worth as much as they used to be. That's a lot of damage. Take the seats and other good bits off.

Others might disagree.

Cudos Gregory for helping badcat with the pics.

Damn shame they parked her next to a Harley...
Gunny.
Glad you're now healing. Get a newer scoot. ;)

Get better man. Take the cash. I just had to do that to a 1 year old BMW 328i

Wife tends to do this when she wants a new car. She denies it... But it is a pattern.

Crash