PNW Spring Tech Meet #10

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
George, yer nutz!
I was thinking of leaving the QFC here in Redmond Ridge at 8AM, hitting Carnation about 8:30-ish (probably a bit before that, actually), then heading down tot he main event...

'Course, ya'll are welcome to ride down earlier, soak up the radar waves along the way and I'll pootle along on the KTM "adveture touring" my way down to meet everyone at a more leisurely time of day...
wink.png
Can I meet up with you at the QFC and ride down with you ? I live about a mile away from the QFC in Redmond Ridge and would be glad of the company on the way down.

Did you literally mean the QFC ? Or the Starbucks in the QFC, ...or the other Starbucks, or the McD's ....

Riona

What time will ya'all be having Mocha's in Carnation?
How about 7:30 ish Tom?

--G
I'll have to confer with Wabill, he's hinted at riding his wild Ducati!

7:30-8:00 ish may be more realistic, I know you'll be itching to work.

I may say hello at the tech meet for an hour and continue on the Hood River.
Got ya Tom. Let me know what you two decide.

...yer nutz!
been accused of that more than once!

--G

PS - I'm bringing an MV Bar raiser that needs to be installed, and (if Amazon gets the parts here in time, I only ordered them this evening) also a cemtech fuse box / relay to go in to power my accessories - a girl needs her accessories ;-)

Looking forward to meeting all y'all ..

Riona

Please add me in as a definite show. I am not planning any work. Just showing up to meet everyone and learn something from the suspension guy. I can also help on some tasks.

Please PM me the address.

Thanks!

Please add me in as a definite show. I am not planning any work. Just showing up to meet everyone and learn something from the suspension guy. I can also help on some tasks.
Please PM me the address.

Thanks!
You have mail

Time for the Spring gathering, bench racing and tech day. This will be our tenth tech meet!
Saturday May 4th at my house again. (If you haven't been here, PM me and I'll send you the address) Starting at 9 AM going until 5 PM. (Cost is $10 includes lunch and helps with shop consumables)

There will be a swap meet also. Bring your stuff you want to trade or sell.

Try to keep in mind if you are doing something that takes a lot of time, that it may not be the best place to do it. Some have tried to do a cruise control install for the first time and have not been able to finish.

I am working with Barry from KFG Racing (GP suspension) to come by for a couple of hours to talk to us about suspension set up and have him show us how to set the preload properly. I will confirm this once I have a chance to follow up with him again in a couple of weeks.

GP Suspension is CONFIRMED

Topics suggested so far are:

Grounding system

Tire changes (I have a No-Mar) for those who need to (please take your used tires with you or leave $5 per tire so I can take them to the recycler)

TBS

PAIR system block off

Various electrical and electronic additions

Brake system flush - please RSVP this

Fork rebuilds - Barb,

Note: To clear up any misconception on the valve checks - You are expected to do the wrenching, we just help guide you through the steps, and make sure you don't get stuck. This is one of the more difficult maintenance items on this bike. If you are not comfortable taking the body work off, removing the tank and getting to the valve cover, please consider having a mechanic do the work for you.

We are limiting the number of valve checks to 3. Sign ups are first come first serve

Valve checks:

1. jmgrif (gen II)

2. BC (gen II)

3. Speedyegg (gen II)

The valve check folks will need to be here early (8 AM ) so their bikes can cool down and they can get the bike stripped down.

Bring pictures and DVD for bench racing in the movie room

If you are traveling some distance and need a place to stay, there are a couple of motels in Auburn about 5 miles away (La Quinta Inn and a Pepper Tree Best Western).

Lunch - snacks, hamburgers, salad and soda. Bring your own beverages for stronger stuff.

Attendees: (Please RSVP that you are coming for a head count on the food)

AuburnFJR & Mrs.

Niehart

Beamer Reamer & Mrs.

escapefjrtist

Hudson

Panman

Ahchiu

Barabus (& Mrs?)

jmgrif +2

speedyegg

RPK & Mrs.

Sportsguy

DennisJ

TommyJ

DenCouch +1

Bob Atkinson

Jer

Barb & Norm

Seattle Ty

JJ from GP Suspension (noon to 2 PM)

Pat L +1

wingshot

El Cajone (& Mrs.)

Tom Edison

Makuna

N2osx (+?)

Gbmksmith

RoadTrip

cruppelt (?)

Harald

ElliottM

ElCamino Kid (?)

TheClawFJR (& Mrs.)

WaBill

juniorFJR

Riona

Allrider +1

DaveK

bigchunk

johnnyb

squidbuzz

JamesW

Mcrider007

EricB

DrWing

Weather forecast is getting better, sunny and 78.

50+ people to attend.

If you are not working on your bike, let's keep them parked up top and the bikes that are being worked on bring them down to the garage. For those parking up top, bring something to go under the kickstand just in case. The ground can be a little soft at times.

Last edited by a moderator:
PS - I'm bringing an MV Bar raiser that needs to be installed, and (if Amazon gets the parts here in time, I only ordered them this evening) also a cemtech fuse box / relay to go in to power my accessories - a girl needs her accessories ;-)
Looking forward to meeting all y'all ..

Riona
Might we see the emergence of the world's first hair-dryer/helmet combo...? :)

If you are not working on your bike, let's keep them parked up top and the bikes that are being worked on bring them down to the garage. For those parking up top, bring something to go under the kickstand just in case. The ground can be a little soft at times.
Kinda like some of the heads that'll be wandering around... :D

What time will ya'all be having Mocha's in Carnation?
How about 7:30 ish Tom?

--G
I'll have to confer with Wabill, he's hinted at riding his wild Ducati!

7:30-8:00 ish may be more realistic, I know you'll be itching to work.

I may say hello at the tech meet for an hour and continue on the Hood River.
Got ya Tom. Let me know what you two decide.

--G
We will be through Carnation about that time. We'll see you at Aburns if not there

Bryan,

My "maybe" just turned to a "no", not this time due to other obligations.

I had intended to bring a brand new and unused Morgan Carbtune for sale. I have a two-banger now, so no use for a 4 channel tool anymore. Listed it in the classifieds for $60 including shipping.

Thanks and still hope to see everybody again one of these days,

Chris

I will be there. No need to work on the bike, its already worked over enough. Just need more miles and Gee, I miss you guys. Might bring a friend who is looking at a 2013. Will bring money.

I'm in. Can you PM me the address again
You've got mail

I will be there. Also bringing a friend, Jeff. He just bought a Gen 1
gotcha

Brian, add +1 for me I'm bringing George Ledwith
That will be cool. I used to race with George. Is he still riding Ducs?

I will be there. No need to work on the bike, its already worked over enough. Just need more miles and Gee, I miss you guys. Might bring a friend who is looking at a 2013. Will bring money.
Ken, +1 gotcha

Didn't see my name on the list, so I'll confirm that I am coming. I'll bring whatever FJR parts I have for sale or donation.
Gotcha Adam

Time for the Spring gathering, bench racing and tech day. This will be our tenth tech meet!
Saturday May 4th at my house again. (If you haven't been here, PM me and I'll send you the address) Starting at 9 AM going until 5 PM. (Cost is $10 includes lunch and helps with shop consumables)

There will be a swap meet also. Bring your stuff you want to trade or sell.

Try to keep in mind if you are doing something that takes a lot of time, that it may not be the best place to do it. Some have tried to do a cruise control install for the first time and have not been able to finish.

I am working with Barry from KFG Racing (GP suspension) to come by for a couple of hours to talk to us about suspension set up and have him show us how to set the preload properly. I will confirm this once I have a chance to follow up with him again in a couple of weeks.

GP Suspension is CONFIRMED

Topics suggested so far are:

Grounding system

Tire changes (I have a No-Mar) for those who need to (please take your used tires with you or leave $5 per tire so I can take them to the recycler)

TBS

PAIR system block off

Various electrical and electronic additions

Brake system flush - please RSVP this

Fork rebuilds - Barb,

Note: To clear up any misconception on the valve checks - You are expected to do the wrenching, we just help guide you through the steps, and make sure you don't get stuck. This is one of the more difficult maintenance items on this bike. If you are not comfortable taking the body work off, removing the tank and getting to the valve cover, please consider having a mechanic do the work for you.

We are limiting the number of valve checks to 3. Sign ups are first come first serve

Valve checks:

1. jmgrif (gen II)

2. BC (gen II)

3. Speedyegg (gen II)

The valve check folks will need to be here early (8 AM ) so their bikes can cool down and they can get the bike stripped down.

Bring pictures and DVD for bench racing in the movie room

If you are traveling some distance and need a place to stay, there are a couple of motels in Auburn about 5 miles away (La Quinta Inn and a Pepper Tree Best Western).

Lunch - snacks, hamburgers, salad and soda. Bring your own beverages for stronger stuff.

Attendees: (Please RSVP that you are coming for a head count on the food)

AuburnFJR & Mrs.

Niehart

Beamer Reamer & Mrs.

escapefjrtist

Hudson

Panman

Ahchiu +1

Barabus (& Mrs?)

jmgrif +2

speedyegg

RPK & Mrs.

Sportsguy

DennisJ

TommyJ

DenCouch +1

Bob Atkinson

Jer

Barb & Norm

Seattle Ty

JJ from GP Suspension (noon to 2 PM)

Pat L +1

wingshot

El Cajone (& Mrs.)

Tom Edison

Makuna

N2osx (+?)

Gbmksmith

RoadTrip

cruppelt (?)

Harald

ElliottM

ElCamino Kid (?)

TheClawFJR (& Mrs.)

WaBill

juniorFJR

Riona

Allrider +1

DaveK

bigchunk

johnnyb

squidbuzz

JamesW

Mcrider007

EricB

DrWing

psd2001

redneckj +1

lowandsilent

blufjr +1

NWJeff

List is updated

Mr. Bryan,

Confirming that I will be there with Master Chief Sharon. This is my first one and looking forward to meeting everyone. No work to do on the Gen III but will certainly have fun checking out the other bike mods.

See you Saturday.