PNW Spring Tech Meet #10

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent Tech Day, thanks to all that attended and made it what it was!

HUGE thanks to AuburnFJR and Marissa for opening their home and facilities for the day.

Great seeing all y'all again and seeing some new faces!!

--G

I had a great time today, big thanks to Bryan and Marissa for hosting again, It was great having JJ from KFG-GP. It was great seeing everyone and meeting new riders, and the food was so tasty!
punk.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice day in Auburn, help a few folks out swap a few stories shared a couple of hugs nice day all & all.

I kinda had that urge to go pick off another mountain pass, as we had stellar weather but glad I didn't as I enjoyed myself.

Started the day off leaving my house around 6:30 and a beautiful morning. I was suppose to be in Carnation at 7:30 but High Rock and the West Valley called my name so I was five late! The valley was foggy so no pictures of that part and High Rock is just to much fun for taking pictures, short but sweet!

DSCN6183_zps4e305575.jpg

I'm headed towards that Mountain.

DSCN6184_zpsaf6a1b54.jpg

Our hosts cooking for us! I can't tell you how nice the host crew is.

DSCN6185_zps1b6f98ea.jpg

DSCN6186_zps26921d8f.jpg

DSCN6190_zpsb43428dd.jpg

Nice turn out

DSCN6191_zpsb18799a5.jpg

DSCN6193_zps49a7f45e.jpg
DSCN6192_zps40eb49a4.jpg

Good discussion on suspension set-up by JJ from GP Suspension.

DSCN6201_zpsa5536230.jpg

Heck I even burn up 5.79 (35 miles on the reserve) Gallons of fuel, not bad for a none riding day!

Thanks again Bryan and Marisa!

Many thanks to the hosts and all involved in putting this on. It was good to meet so many folks, eyeball their projects to plan for my own work, and enjoy a beautiful day.

Bryan & Marissa

Thanks so much for hosting the tech Day. I learned a lot and met some riders. Enjoyed JJ's

the Shock Talk a lot.

Thanks again

Bob Atkinson

First a note of thanks to our hosts and friends new and old! This Tech Day was, as all in the past have been, amazing, though with the added sizzle of a huge turnout, a suspension setup class and a great ride home!

I was chatting with a gent yesterday as I prepped to move the KTM down from the road to nearer the garage for some late day tinkering, and we started talking about what drew us to the FJRs we owned. He really enjoys the technical accuracy and design of the bikes. The just work well, run well, feel good and have excellent engineering. I completely agreed, but added a factor in my decision to buy my FJR was the crowd of people I encountered in this PMW section of the forum. They very much seemed like my kind of people, and as I've been fortunate to learn over the past 4+ years of riding with them, they continue to impress with their openness, helpfulness, friendliness and um...smarta$$yness... Just the right combo that makes for excellent riding friends, IMO. :)

I know, I know...shut up and post some pictures...fine...here ya go!

Suspension set up being reviewed by the GP Suspension folks. JJ was great, explaining everything cearly and fielding questions like a pro! Can't recommend these guys enough for suspension work.

8709552613_6b154ab665_b.jpg

In this next photo, JJ from GP Suspension is explaing to Bryan how he's a little soft in the front, and a little soft in the rear. Several suggestions from the crowd were made for Bryan to see his doctor about both issues...

8710689180_e2e8678315_b.jpg

8710688612_013c87d169_b.jpg

Dave (Hudson) trying to remain aloof while fiddling with the 63 peices of his camp chair...

8710685572_21f901052a_b.jpg

Tab A...into Slot B...OK, I got this...wait...WTF is THAT?!

8709554153_e5b5f127fe_b.jpg

Finally! He looks so proud of his little chair!

8710687324_d21d5a791f_b.jpg

...and we need to Caption Contest this next one...

8710680534_702ba936d4_b.jpg

This, my dear reader, is a metric sh1t ton of bikes... if we'd have had any more, we'd have needed a permit and had to call it a bike show! We had the FJRs, obviously, but a new Honda CB1100 showed up (drool), there was a Ducati in the mix, a KTM and a Triumph, too. Suspisiously absent were any BMWs...obviously they were being cleaned and polished yesterday... ;)

8709559471_09ee6ec3fb_b.jpg

8710678970_fe2bb98a1c_b.jpg

8710680190_c4811931f0_b.jpg

8710679284_a6ecbefa17_b.jpg

Not that this needs explaining, but DAMN! Yummo!

8709559227_dfd64cdd06_b.jpg

The BBQ at lunch was awesome as usual and we had our share of head scratching moments, too.

While working on Riona's handle bar risers, the German-provided translation at one point suggested we "loosen the fuel line and connect the adaptor to the standpipe..."

OK, the FJR is a heavy bike, but really, are we actually workin' on a barge here?! LOL

Ultimately we understood this to mean "Loosen the throttle cable and attach the adaptor to the frame..." ;)

Simply a great day topped by perfect weather and surrounded by excellent people! Glad so many had the chance to join in!

Thanks again for a great day everybody!

duane

They keep getting better as Brian and Marissa continue to up their game. Thanks you two for hosting such a great event.

The suspension clinic was timely for me. I finished my fork rebuild right after JJ finished and I'm looking forward to dialing it all in.

Bryan and Marissa, We can't begin to say Thank-you enough! Doug and I arrived home a short while ago and in the next day or so I will elaborate on how terrific we felt this Tech day was! If this kind of comradeliness is the norm for us here in North America wow! To those who helped both Doug and myself (Mark) jmgrif on the forum with our objectives also a heart felt Thank-you! I will follow with detail a little later. Our return trip was just a little over 1200 kms total so I'm just a little tired so more will follow.
Thank-you

Mark and Doug

Dear Bryan and Marissa,

Thank you so much for opening up your home, garage and workshop on Saturday. It was a great event, and well worth investing inn FJR to score an invitation.

Adam, Duane, Kevin and Marcus

My thanks to you for the wrenching and soldering. I have done over 300 miles on the new set-up - everything fine, functioning and comfortable !

Dave and Tanya

Final thanks of this post go to you for the scenic drive back to be welcomed with wine, steak and chicken - the perfect way to end the day !

All y'all are just neat folks to know !

Bryan and Marissa rock! What a day. Our first Tech day and first opportunity to hang out with a group of FJR riders. Great food and great people. The suspension class from JJ would have done it all for me all by itself but meeting and talking to the other riders was icing on the cake. What a NICE change from the sportbike knuckleheads I usually end up riding with...nothing worse than hanging out with a bunch of squids.

Sharon (Sarge) and I can't wait to go to another event. The sheer number and types of gear I saw on all of the awsome bikes made my bloody head spin. It will take me some time to sort it all out and do more investigation. As an FJR FNG your event certainly made me happy with my choice of ST machine and the good folks I met cemeted it for sure.

Thank you and Marissa for the top shelf hospitality. It was very nice to finally meet Marissa after seeing all of the great pictures she takes on your trips.

I want to thank everyone else I met on Saturday. Thanks for all the advise. Thanks for the friendship.

Jonathan and Sharon

Thanks to all for making me feel at home while not being at home. =)

There is so much that can be done with the bike now after seeing what some of you have done. And damn, you had to have JJ be there. I sense my first upgrade will be in the suspension area.

Nice seeing you folks. From the above photo's I wish I could have stayed. Pie's!!!

Here's a few of my view

DSC_0001-XL.jpg

DSC_0002-XL.jpg

DSC_0005-XL.jpg

DSC_0013-XL.jpg

DSC_0012-XL.jpg

DSC_0010-XL.jpg

DSC_0018-XL.jpg

DSC_0020-XL.jpg

DSC_0014-XL.jpg

DSC_0015-XL.jpg

DSC_0016-XL.jpg

DSC_0021-XL.jpg

DSC_0024-XL.jpg

DSC_0026-XL.jpg

I stoped on my way south to catch this wayward FJR heading east

DSC_0030-XL.jpg

Im glad everyone had a great time and it looks like I missed a fantastic tech meet.

Theres always next time, good see such a remarkable turnout, wow :)

Wow.. Found out about the TM too late to commit due to work activities, but several of you stopped by our little cupcake shop in Snoqualmie. (MyCakes)

Next time, we'll have to make it a special event day and take over the parking lot here to for those of you headed back North.

Perhaps the Summer Tech Meet.
punk.gif

Brian and Marissa, thanks again for a great day! I'd like to put my order in for the same kind of weather on the next one.
smile.png
(btw, the blue Nike sweatshirt left on the retaining wall is mine. Maybe I can get it at the next meet)

Here's a little vid I made on our way from Carnation to Auburn:

https://vimeo.com/65693999

Brian and Marissa, thanks again for a great day! I'd like to put my order in for the same kind of weather on the next one.
smile.png
(btw, the blue Nike sweatshirt left on the retaining wall is mine. Maybe I can get it at the next meet)
Here's a little vid I made on our way from Carnation to Auburn:

https://vimeo.com/65693999
Or give me a call when you are going to be in the area and stop by to pick it up.