PNW Spring Tech Meet #10

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well guys, I need to take my name off this list. Some family stuff came up, so I need to head to farm and thin out some rattle snakes, literally. Markus, we will get together soon. I am really bummed, I have been looking forward to this for quite a while.

Carl

Well guys, I need to take my name off this list. Some family stuff came up, so I need to head to farm and thin out some rattle snakes, literally. Markus, we will get together soon. I am really bummed, I have been looking forward to this for quite a while.
Carl
Carl.

Is anyone from Portland going to be here, I can have them bring the rear rotor back for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Carl
Carl.

Is anyone from Portland going to be here, I can have them bring the rear rotor back for you.
Didn't Bluefjr say he was coming up?

Carl
Carl.

Didn't Bluefjr say he was coming up?
Don't see him on the list.

Carl
Carl.

I can bring it back to Vancouver.

BTW, if it doesn't take much time to remove, I have a donor 05abs bike, and can bring something specific if someone requests it. I will be on a bike so I can't haul a lot or large items.

Carl
OK. Be safe and wear the tall boots. Kill a couple for me. hate the damn things.

Carl
OK. Be safe and wear the tall boots. Kill a couple for me. hate the damn things.
+1 Carl, maybe you can get a pair of rattle snake riding boots made:)

Carl
Carl.

I can bring it back to Vancouver.

BTW, if it doesn't take much time to remove, I have a donor 05abs bike, and can bring something specific if someone requests it. I will be on a bike so I can't haul a lot or large items.
Great, I will bring it , do you have the rear passenger foot pegs on the donor bike? if so I would like the foot pegs

Q1.. Anyone have an M10 x 1.25 TAP they can bring ? I'm fitting an MV bar raiser tomorrow and I need to drill and tap for a hole for a RAM mount.

Q2.. I'm also wanting to fit a Centech AP-2 auxilliary fuse panel - I have the panel and a relay, but need some wire to hook to the battery. Anyone got a spool they could sell me a couple feet from ?

Thanks, Riona

Q1.. Anyone have an M10 x 1.25 TAP they can bring ? I'm fitting an MV bar raiser tomorrow and I need to drill and tap for a hole for a RAM mount.
Q2.. I'm also wanting to fit a Centech AP-2 auxilliary fuse panel - I have the panel and a relay, but need some wire to hook to the battery. Anyone got a spool they could sell me a couple feet from ?

Thanks, Riona
I will bring wire, relay and connectors for you.

Thank you Markus and Ken. My mom builds custom saddles and bridles so I'm sure that I could have her make me some Snake Wangler/Riding Boots. Not to be confused with Snake Riding/Wrangler boots! LOL On a simular note, I am getting my mom to start on making custom motorcycle seats. She is making one for Amy's '75 CB360T. Amy is so short and the seat is so wide, she can reach the ground with flat tires. lol

But you will all be glad to hear that this last weekend Amy PASSED her Team Oregon Class and will be terrorizing the local sidewalks/streets/parks and ditches on her own bike! I am so very proud of her! She will still be riding pillion on "longer rides".

Thanks, Riona
Not sure I have that one, I will bring my tap kits though.

Thanks, Riona
I will bring wire, relay and connectors for you.
And I'll bring my fancy shmancy heat shrink, heat gun, and wire stripper.

Well while all the smart FJR peeps in the PAC NW attended THE best FJR Tech Event, Fontanaman decided to ride instead logging 400 miles today around the Olympic Peninsula.

I want to thank all the folks who helped me make the FJR the best bike I have owned. The event Auburn FJR hosts played a significant role in my education.

Gotta get the riding in while it is good. Sunday I will be riding to the Red Horse diner in Ellensburg. Route tbd.

Thanks Bryan and family for hosting your bi-annual tech meet. Finally was able to get my valves checked (no issues) and PAIR blocks installed. Would have been a 24 hour job were it not for the FJR exports on hand and the friendly Canadians that also participated in their own valve jobs. Awesome weather, awesome food, and awesome suspension demo!

Thanks Bryan and Marissa for opening up your extraordinary garage (and house) and sharing your knowledge, assistance and food with all of us. Especially those the needed help. Thanks to all the able bodied hands that were there to help and share too. It was nice to have the added instruction from JJ with GP Suspension, good knowledge even if you thought you knew something. Enjoyed seeing all the old friends and meeting some new ones. Again, thanks so much.

PS: My friend Bill was quite impressed and totally enjoyed his second FJR event. (He went to the 2004 WFO with me in Moscow).

+1.........great event Bryan! I managed to mount a tire backwards after I brain farted and thought I was mounting a tire on a C14 (which has the ABS ring on the right side) but had fun time mixing with everyone and offering encouragement to those doing their first valve checks. The best part of the day was watching you rebuild forks with makeshift tools from NAPA auto parts and Home Depot....I am going to give it a try as soon as my fork seals begin leaking. I hope the Pass cooperates and I can make it back in the fall....maybe we will finally find some use for those valve shims I keep packing from the dry side. It's pretty amazing how many valve checks have been completed without a shim change. The FJR certainly is owner friendly when it is time for maintenance.

Latest posts