PNW Spring Tech Meet #18 - May 13th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<<snip>> Breakfast at Cle Elum?
oh 'junior, don't forget about the food spread Marissa will have out for the gang!
rolleyes.gif

--G

I was talking to Jay and he asked if I would make the tech meet and I said I want to and glad to hear the dates are announced as I have not been on the forum much however if my wife and I told our Mothers we were not going to make Mothers day because we were hanging out with a bunch of bikers that wont go over well at all. I cant break a 25 year tradition of making Mom breakfast and Mimosas and hanging out for the day doing stuff around the house for her.

I will miss seeing you folk!

I was talking to Jay and he asked if I would make the tech meet and I said I want to and glad to hear the dates are announced as I have not been on the forum much however if my wife and I told our Mothers we were not going to make Mothers day because we were hanging out with a bunch of bikers that wont go over well at all. I cant break a 25 year tradition of making Mom breakfast and Mimosas and hanging out for the day doing stuff around the house for her.
I will miss seeing you folk!
You and Mel are always welcome to stop in and visit any time

Please count me in.

I'd like to make forks rebuild as one of them is starting to leak. At the same time, since the bike just crossed 70k, I would like to replace the springs with hyperpro. Two questions:

- I've noticed before most (all?) of the guys when rebuilding the forks were coming with forks in hand. How recommended would that be to come with car against removing and servicing the forks in place?

- Apart of springs and basic tools what else shall I bring? I found the list below in another thread. Do I miss something?

4SV-23135-10-00 METAL, SLIDE 2 (Lower Bushing)
3P6-23135-00-00 METAL, SLIDE 2 (Middle Bushing)
4SV-23125-10-00 METAL, SLIDE 1 (Upper Bushing)
4SV-23115-00-00 GUIDE, COVER UPPER (Washer)
4SV-23145-01-00 OIL SEAL
4SV-23156-00-00 CLIP, OIL SEAL (Ring clip)
4SV-23144-00-00 SEAL, DUST (Dust seal)

Latest posts