PNW Spring Tech Meet #18 - May 13th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...the new/leftover '16A that I just picked up a few weeks ago... ... GenMar 1" block risers that I've had now for a week but haven't gathered up the courage or tools ...
Are you sure they will actually fit your bike? Looking at the https://www.genmarmfg.com page I see raisers for gen I and II but NOT for III.
Gen III started in '13, and the item indicates up to '15, so, yes, Gen III is covered. Plus, as far as I'm aware there was no design difference between '15 and '16 that would impact the handlebars. As well, I bought it from their Amazon page, and the first question on the Q & A area is:

Question:
Are these risers for 2006-on FJR 1300?

Answer:
The risers will fit the 2006-2016 Yamaha FJR1300. By GenMar Mfg. SELLER on April 11, 2016

...so it looks like they're for Gen II and Gen III, with a specific inclusion of '16.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a pair of GP Suspension front fork springs to install. (Yes, Bevis, I just said, "I have a pair.") Do I need to dig up any instructions for them? Has anyone installed them before?
no we are good on those
I'm really looking forward to seeing work on forks done.

Other than oil for my forks, is there anything I can bring? Tools, cards, smoked salmon, Canadian beer?

By the way, where is everyone staying? I haven't booked a room yet but am planning on coming \Friday night and leaving Sunday morning. May as well be social.

@Maj, see first post in thread for a couple hotel recommendations that are close.

Most of us are local so it's just a morning ride. If you want to stay farther north, a group will be getting together in Monroe and then Carnation for the ride down.

--G

Another change of plans. I'm back in! And since I had taken the day off work to attend my wife's function I can even be there on time! I think I'll just plan to change out my fork oil instead of a full rebuild. Looking forward to seeing everyone! I think Dex857 will be tagging along as well.

Another change of plans. I'm back in! And since I had taken the day off work to attend my wife's function I can even be there on time! I think I'll just plan to change out my fork oil instead of a full rebuild. Looking forward to seeing everyone! I think Dex857 will be tagging along as well.
I'm having the same thing done. Where are you picking up your oil and what do you use? I have to grab some myself and cannot bring it across the border if I buy it up here.

I'm having the same thing done. Where are you picking up your oil and what do you use? I have to grab some myself and cannot bring it across the border if I buy it up here.
You can have whatever you buy sent to my house directly if that helps. Or KFG is local and they stock the Maxim oil that GP Suspension recommends to be used and you could pick it up there. They are about 8 miles from my house. Just let me know if you drop ship so I know to expect it. Also do it so they don't need a signature as no one is usually home when UPS or FedEx delivers.

As much as it pains me (and my wallet) I'm just going to go by the local Yamaha dealer and get a couple of cans of the Yamaha 01.
KFG stocks the Maxima oil the GP Suspension recommends. Others have used the Honda fork oil too.

As much as it pains me (and my wallet) I'm just going to go by the local Yamaha dealer and get a couple of cans of the Yamaha 01.
KFG stocks the Maxima oil the GP Suspension recommends. Others have used the Honda fork oil too.
Thanks for that. i'm headed down Friday but not sure I will get across before stores close. KFG... they were the ones beside GP?

Scratch that. I found what need. Im going to order a couple of these tonight and have them shipped to the house. anyone else need some let me know and ill add it to the order.

https://www.amazon.com/Motul-Fork-Factory-Line-105926/dp/B01LNWGQ6A/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1493335708&sr=1-1&keywords=Motul+Fork+Oil+Factory+Line

I'm in. Last time there were some guys in Monroe were planning to meet at the Shell station about 7am but I got called into work.

I'm in. Last time there were some guys in Monroe were planning to meet at the Shell station about 7am but I got called into work.

Shell station at the intersection of Hwy's 2 & 203. 7 maybe 7:30 time hasn't been decided yet. Keep watching.
smile.png