Quick Shoei Neotec Borealis Review

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick follow up on using the pin lock in the Neotec helmet... I rode for about 12 hours today with the helmet configured this way, and I have to say, you all were spot on. The pin lock works totally as advertised.

No fogging this morning when I rolled out before dawn, and no problems just leaving the face shield closed all day. I am a happy camper. The final test will be cool rain, but based on today's experience I don't think that is going to be a problem either.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: That's two thumbs up!

Curious how cold of temps anyone has ridden with the pinlock-type shield setup and have it still work?

I have thought of trying it this winter when riding my snowmobile to see if it would work in temps below the freezing mark.

Temp gauge on FJR only goes down to 16 degrees. I know it was colder some mornings when I rode to work. Pinlock worked fine at temps in single digits for me. 10 mile commute one way.

I have ridden quite a bit at freezing and just below. They work ok for me but once they are a little old and develop a slight flat spot on the seal, then I have trouble below 40 degrees. Mine seem to get a flat spot on the lower right area as you look through it. I assume it is because of the slight twist of the shield when you open and close it. I shouldn't leave the public mounted all year long I guess.

I don't think this helmet and pinlock would stay fog free snowmobiling. Snow machines are more physical than riding an fjr. I have fogged it up with fast karting indoors once my breathing started picking up.

Last edited by a moderator: