RTE&L, July 2016

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
room reserved
bike.gif
Suhweet! Also changed Steve the HD Guy to "definite".

Wondering if yoose guys have had any luck with the gpx routes. Did they seem to work, i.e., load and sort of look like the big pics I posted?

I'm expecting to follow you ........
grin.gif
..........so didn't even load 'em up. If we have enough people to need a sweeper, I volunteer.
hypocritesmiley.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm expecting to follow you ........
grin.gif
..........so didn't even load 'em up. If we have enough people to need a sweeper, I volunteer.
hypocritesmiley.png
Man, we're in trouble now
uhoh.gif
: I'm planning on going thataway--> on Hwy 9, gps be damned!!

Seriously, I'm curious if the maps load and don't change so I know if I'm doing it right or if there's more to do. I'd really appreciate the feedback.

It's springtime, and a young man's heart turns to thoughts of love, and Big Money Rally points, and Georgia Tech baseball, and a trip to San Diego, and a Tech Day at griff's, and I still have to keep my job ...

It's springtime, and a young man's heart turns to thoughts of love, and Big Money Rally points, and Georgia Tech baseball, and a trip to San Diego, and a Tech Day at griff's, and I still have to keep my job ...
And nap. Apparently you don't nap often enough. During a baseball game is a good time to nap. Watch 2 innings, doze off for 5 innings, watch the end of the game. It's like you never missed anything at all and you're more refreshed than when you went.

Nope; no changes. Mom's expecting me.

Will be flexible with the meetup point if griff proposes something different.

Since Eric and Walter are going, the SC 9 and I-85 meet up at Raceway seems good. Let's go with that. Russ - pming you my cell.

Slightly modified two of the six routes of the trip. New users would have noticed, experienced ones not so much.

#2- at the end, moved route to Old US70 from I-40 into Black Mountain. I think I'm going to have to scout this out- the big HDs & Kaw will have trouble if it's dirt.

#6- changed the route start point from the oceanfront to the motel I'm sleeping in.

Count me as watching. Right now I'm thinking I might head from here to Asheville/Black mountain via the scenic route on Saturday, meet up and eat, spend the night, then ride with the group until Mill Spring, then cut back thru Hendersonville, pick up BRP via 74/276, then down to Franklin for lunch at Cafe Rel.

Y'all know Cafe Rel, right?
punk.gif

Count me as watching. Right now I'm thinking I might head from here to Asheville/Black mountain via the scenic route on Saturday, meet up and eat, spend the night, then ride with the group until Mill Spring, then cut back thru Hendersonville, pick up BRP via 74/276, then down to Franklin for lunch at Cafe Rel. Added.

Y'all know Cafe Rel, right?

Never heard of it. Can't be all that great, good or even tolerable since no has ever planned and offered up a RTE there
stop.gif
. JSNS.
Biting my tongue, really hard.......

Just because I love using the Advanced Search:

Mentioned here, here, and here. funny that they're all posted by hppants. Guess he really liked the food. Wonder if he ate anywhere else in NC?

Of course, I'm joining the caravan after y'all leave NC. (You see, there's this long-time misunderstanding with the Transylvania County Sheriff's Department, and a related probation officer report that's totally due to bad record keeping ......
no.gif
)