Sales/production Figures

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ramblin Man

Reaction score
So does anyone have official production or sales figures for the different model years of the FJR? How about the R1? I'd like to compare the two.

I saw a quote from Yamaha that 15,000 FJRs have been sold so far. When the 1500CC, 180HP, factory cruise control and self cancelling turn signal equipped, Red 2006s come out I am sure the count will jump.

:assasin:

The R1 sales are off the hook, without a doubt. Many dealers have sold out their entire lot. Though they can still be found... because they imported a thousand metric buttload of them... many, many orders of magnitude over the FJR.

FJR sales have been guestimated pretty well over on fjr1300.info somewhere; don't know the actual link....

I recall about 2400 03's, 3400 04's and there were supposed to be about 5000 05' before they came out with the 2nd run of 05's.

Did find this-

"In other JAMA-related news, Yamaha Motor Co., recently said it provided the organization with wrong production, sales and export figures for the 11 months through February 2005.

The manufacturer said its computer system mistakenly counted some parts output as sets of parts for complete knocked-down, or CKD, production. CKD output is counted as unit shipments and production.

Yamaha made 495,688 motorcycles in the 11 months from April 2004 to February 2005, about a third less than the 746,892 units it originally reported to JAMA. The company also said it actually exported 436,970 motorcycles, 30% fewer than the 624,466 units originally reported."

Might be a sale comin' up.

HMMmmmmmm.

I've seen the guestamates. I was hoping to find the real numbers. Somebody has to have that. US Customs maybe? they would at least have declared import numbers, not that they will share them with me.

Where are all these R1s? I see more FJRs around here than R1s, yet the R1 is supposed to be really popular. Maybe it's just my location. All I ever see around here are Busas.

Speaking of Busas, I saw what I thought was a Busa go by that turned out to be a scooter. That was scary. I also saw a scooter that at first glance looked a lot like the FJR from the front.

Anyway, maybe I'll shoot our good buddy at Cypress an email and ask him.

I also saw a scooter that at first glance looked a lot like the FJR from the front.
THat would be the Majesty Scooter. I have a friend looking at them now. THey are cool! 400cc Automatic

Goddamn Burgman 650 does better than a hunnert miles an hour! And can carry a BB Chevy intake under the seat! Whats up with that?

On the way to, and at,Laguna, I swear I saw a million R6's It seemed like every other bike was a Yamaha R1 or R6. Most of them blue. Met two young guys from BC riding on R6's. Oh to be young again.

John

I saw a couple of those scooters at the dealer this week. They are pricey. $$$ I guess I don't understand the market for them. I had a friend in high school who went to a guy's house to look at a used Ducati and the guy had an old Vespa in the garage. He threw the Vespa into the deal for an extra $10.00. My friend used the Vespa more than the Ducati. Didn't make sense to me then and still doesn't. Guess it takes all kinds.

Its hardly official, but in early May 2005, Dan Denchel of Sunnyside Motors, told me that there were (about) 1800 2003 FJRs, 2400 2004's, and 2600 2005's (first production run). The "ticker" survey that he was coordinating had identified 35 tickers to that date. These numbers are for US models only.

Speaking of which, was the outcome of that survey ever "leaked" back out to all of the participants? I would like to know if the problem is as wide spread as I think it is or if I'm JUST a whiner.

RM, If you were a participant and have not received any feedback on the results then I think you have answered your question. Based on the survey results to date, the problem does not appear to anywhere near as wide spread as previously thought but there are probably a lot of tickers that have not been identified because the owners have not ridden them enough miles yet.

I don't think anyone who has had a ticker can be classified as a whiner, this should not have happened to anyone.

I guess I don't understand the market for them.
:eh: ???? Have you seen the cost of gas lately?! There's your market right there!

told me that there were (about) 1800 2003 FJRs, 2400 2004's, and 2600 2005's (first production run).
Those numbers for '05 are way low. H Marc's site has a page for posting the arrival of your FJR (I can't find the link otherwise I'd post it). Last time I checked, first order '05's highest SN posted was xxxx3864, IIRC. And that was before all the first rounders were delivered AND only a small percentage of owners posted their info. I would put money on the total '05 count would be somewhere between 5 and 6,000. Heck the two closest dealers to me, and they ain't big dealers, prolly moved 40 '05s between the two of them alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of which, was the outcome of that survey ever "leaked" back out to all of the participants? I would like to know if the problem is as wide spread as I think it is or if I'm JUST a whiner.
Whiner.

:fuck:

:tease:

I guess I don't understand the market for them.
:eh: ???? Have you seen the cost of gas lately?! There's your market right there!

told me that there were (about) 1800 2003 FJRs, 2400 2004's, and 2600 2005's (first production run).
Those numbers for '05 are way low. H Marc's site has a page for posting the arrival of your FJR (I can't find the link otherwise I'd post it). Last time I checked, first order '05's highest SN posted was xxxx3864, IIRC. And that was before all the first rounders were delivered AND only a small percentage of owners posted their info. I would put money on the total '05 count would be somewhere between 5 and 6,000. Heck the two closest dealers to me, and they ain't big dealers, prolly moved 40 '05s between the two of them alone.
Those numbers for 03 and 04 is what I have always heard reported. As for 05, remember, he gave the numbers for the "first" production run. How many did they do for the 2nd PDP. That would put the numbers in your 5000-6000 range.

TWN - you need to stick to what you do well - being a smartass. Leave the factual information and posts to those who know what the hell they are talking about.

:fuck:

:tease:

Well, I found a place to get the info but it will cost me 25 bucks. MIC sells an anual report for 25 bucks, so I figure it's cheaper to just buy that than try to find the info.

We'll see.

What's MIC???

And as for the 25 buckaroos, if you can ever grace me with your presence, I will be buying the suds.