SFO 2016 - Oct. 27th thru Oct. 30th in Jemison, Alabama!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Temperature of 104.5 looks like I'm out this year guys
sad.png
I'm really sorry Abel!
yeaahh.gif
I know you were looking as forward to coming as we were to see you. Get feeling better my friend and maybe we can get together on a Spring ride next year.

We'll have a piece of pie for you.
happy.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr. UPS and Mr. Fed Ex showed up later but it was better than never. New seat, helmet and I knocked out 500 miles tonight to arrive in Canton MS. Tomorrow I will be formally introduced to Pants, Cav47 and Nate when they swing by to pick me up for a day of fun on Thursday. Really looking forward to an excellent time this weekend.

Kaismo

New PR4GT front 4,000 miles ago. New rear earlier this week at 10,000. Seat Concepts seats arrived yesterday. Only had time to install the front today. Good enough, I only sit on the front. Haven't settled on how to mount VIRB camera so it may stay home. Will be down Thursday afternoon.

Staying at the same Scottish inn I stayed at in the way back from Alabama RTE in February. 35 bucks including tax. It's clean, and right off RT 13 south. Got about 230 miles to Aliceville tomorrow.

See some of you tomorrow. I am looking forward to riding the roads that were wet or dark last time I was here.

Ride safe.

Staying at the same Scottish inn I stayed at in the way back from Alabama RTE in February. 35 bucks including tax. It's clean, and right off RT 13 south. Got about 230 miles to Aliceville tomorrow. See some of you tomorrow. I am looking forward to riding the roads that were wet or dark last time I was here. Ride safe.
so does this mean we cheered for the correct team?! see ya when ya get there!

Staying at the same Scottish inn I stayed at in the way back from Alabama RTE in February. 35 bucks including tax. It's clean, and right off RT 13 south. Got about 230 miles to Aliceville tomorrow. See some of you tomorrow. I am looking forward to riding the roads that were wet or dark last time I was here. Ride safe.
They charged me much more than $35!

See you soon!

Well darn it, I only made it 22.8 miles from home. Discretion being the greater part of honor when I got the spare on the trailer we turned around and headed home. Decided we had no business trusting the remaining two tires for 350 miles when one had already failed. Never mind I have perhaps 20,000 trouble free miles on the tires with 90% tread remaining.

In retrospect the tire that failed is the one facing out, facing west, when I fold the trailer and park it against the wall of my carport. Henceforth tires will be covered.

Will upload pictures later. After I eat lunch. Its 6 PM now and has been a long day.

Posted in https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/170296-this-happened-trying-to-get-to-sfo-2016/?p=1344955

All the pictures at: https://s346.photobucket.com/user/dkelly1300/library/Tire%20Failure (fixed broken link)

Sti

Well darn it, I only made it 22.8 miles from home. Discretion being the greater part of honor when I got the spare on the trailer we turned around and headed home. Decided we had no business trusting the remaining two tires for 350 miles when one had already failed. Never mind I have perhaps 20,000 trouble free miles on the tires with 90% tread remaining.
In retrospect the tire that failed is the one facing out, facing west, when I fold the trailer and park it against the wall of my carport. Henceforth tires will be covered.

Will upload pictures later. After I eat lunch. Its 6 PM now and has been a long day.

Posted in https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/170296-this-happened-trying-to-get-to-sfo-2016/?p=1344955

All the pictures at: https://s346.photobucket.com/user/dkelly1300/library/Tire Failure (fixed broken link)

Still hate to hear that.

I'll be down some time before dark tomorrow. PayPal will be inbound tonight. I'm not sure if my +1 will be with me or not, but I'm definitely in.

Looks like I'm staying at the Inn of Clanton. Camping gear was loaned to a relative and some of it is currently MIA and the tent is "well used" so rather than purchase new gear and make the little lady "rough it", I broke down and booked 2 nights. Hoping to get there before the "Tipsy Taxi" shuttle leaves for the event Friday evening but it'll be close depending on traffic. Bringing some moonshine cherries (deadly), some apple pie shine and of course some crown vanilla.Looks like I'm staying at the Inn of Clanton. Camping gear was loaned to a relative and some of it is currently MIA and the tent is "well used" so rather than purchase new gear and make the little lady "rough it", I broke down and booked 2 nights. Hoping to get there before the "Tipsy Taxi" shuttle leaves for the event Friday evening but it'll be close depending on traffic. Bringing some moonshine cherries (deadly), some apple pie shine and of course some crown vanilla.

No longer a virgin and I survived my first day with a big ass smile on my face after meeting up with Pants, Nate, cav47 and Turk. Couldn't ask for a better first day and mad props to Mrs and Mr Turk for the genuine southern hospitality. The topper on my day was it was a two pieces of pie day. SWEET!

Well we had about 225 miles of Alabama twisties today. About 16 of us total. What a wonderful ride. Beautiful weather, awesome motorcycles, just fantastic. Turk and his wife are going plum nuts taking such good care of us.

Now sipping on some tequilla just taking it all in.

And here's the kicker......

Tomorrow, we get to do it all over again!!!

Stay thirsty, my friends.....

Those of you that didn't/weren't able to make it to SFO, I am sorry. Turk has thrown together a top notch shin dig. The southern hospitality is part of his core!! We have rode, eaten, drank, and now are listening to some live music. The ride report from any of us will not do it justice, but we shall try!!

Who has it better han us tonight? NO ONE. JSNS!!

Thanks for the proof reading Julie!!

I AM SO JEALOUS RIGHT NOW...Everybody right safe and enjoy your weekend. The kiddo is finally better and I'm on the up side of this nasty virus.

Quick report from the Stampede Steakhouse and Catfish Corral in Talladega. I have to say, we have a wonderful group of 20 plus. The ridding yesterday was awesome, the weather is warm but perfect, the shrimp and corn boil last night was over the top and our guitarist blew us all away, especially the closing tune "Whipping Post"! Man, we're having a blast!

Yes he most certainly is. We had about 250 miles of great riding today. At times, we leaned the big bikes over and at other times, we behaved ourselves. But it was all good.

Every single mile.

Now back at Turks camp smelling some delicious BBQ and socializing. I've never been treated with such hospitality. It's really very humbling.

Tomorrow I head toward north Georgia. The weather is too nice to go home now.

Stay thirsty my friends .....