Shoei Qwest or Bell RS-1 ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I figured I would provide an update.

I still have the RS-1. I got a smaller set of cheekpads (awesome that Bell does this), and after about 1000 miles it fits very well now. As long as I don't spike my head there are no hotspots.

I've switched to using it as my main helmet, with the Vortex as a backup - the interior padding is that much better.

However .. my plan to get a quieter helmet so I can use lower-attenuating earplugs and thus Sena speakers did not pan out. It still isn't quiet enough to clearly hear the Sena over earplugs, so I am back to using my Westone CR-1's with the Sena earbud clamps. It is still fatiguing, so I will be experimenting with various windshields.

I haven't tried a Bell, but I just bought a new Qwest a few months ago... yes it does fog a little, of course you can fix this with the one click forward on the lock switch.

So quiet and so comfy compared to my old KBC and HJC.

I really enjoy the helmet, talked a co-worker into getting one as well for his FJR and he really likes his too.

I think it's worth the money, but if you have the chance to wear both try them out, thumbs up on the Qwest though for me.