Stagecoach 2015 -- Last Ride of the Year

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle Hud

Just another blob of protoplasm using up your oxyg
Reaction score
The official website has 2015 details!!

Is anybody planning to attend? That is, besides me? (Looking at you, bowtie_brain.)

Did this last year as my first real long-distance ride. Despite eating a bellyful, the food isn't really the attraction here: it's the accumulation of so many bikers in the middle of nowhere. (Middle of nowhere = Stockton, AL, about 30 miles north of Mobile.)

Lots of Harleys and Gold Wings, to be sure, but a bunch of BMWs, Kawasakis, Yamahas, Triumphs, non-GW Hondas, Suzukis, Spyders, and customs. All kinds of riders, too: Sons of Anarchy in their leathers to sportbikers in their leathers.

This is Year 18, so it's been around. Last year's main parking lot at 10 am -- I was parked across the street at the gas station, which was already full with another 35-40 bikes:

2f289ec2-f08b-483c-a7a0-2469a7de0647_zps63b4ee0f.jpg

Travel time (with gas stops) is about 5 hours from Atlanta. If it will encourage you to go, PM me and we can discuss sleeping in my spare bedroom, on my couch, or spreading a sleeping bag on my floor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mercy. That's a long haul down there. I'll put it in the hopper, but end of year stuff is likely to interfere.

It may be a bit before the information is updated on the official website. Jim Weaver, who took care of the website, passed away recently.

John has announced that the event is on for this year and everyone is invited. All of the information on the website is correct except for the day. It is always on December 30 which puts it on a Wednesday this year.

I've wanted to go for several years now and haven't been able to. Hoping that this will be the year. Looking good so far.

Hope this helps.

Griff and slatonp4: After reading the history page for the 20th time, it finally sunk in that the ride's scheduled on December 30 -- which is indeed a Wednesday this year, so I'll need a day off work.

(
devilsmiley.gif
Devil on my left shoulder: "You didn't get a flu shot. Stagecoach Flu sounds plausible to me.")

Nerts. I looked at "Tuesday" on the website, without looking at the calendar. Pretty sure I can't pull that off.

December 30, 2015 is a Wednesday, but I get the part about midweek/work/wife/etc.

bump. Website's been updated: ( https://thelastrideoftheyear.com/ )

Wednesday, December 30, 2015.

Repeating: If it will encourage you to go, PM me and we can discuss sleeping in my spare bedroom, on the couch, or in a sleeping bag on my floor. Wine/beer on the balcony included.

I get off work at 8am that morning. I might can leave an hour or so early but I plan on going if anyone wants to meet up. I will be leaving form just north of tallahasse in Ga.

We can certainly meet there. Let's compare travel plans in a couple of weeks.

I'm going up the 29th and will stay in Bay Minette, AL to meet the MTF bunch for dinner @ Streets. We all room at the Windwood Inn, a great 4 star hotel (on a 30 star rating system...).

The next day headed to Stagecoach early for breakfast and most likely will be gone by noon so I can make it back to beautiful Mims at a reasonable hour.

See you there!

I'm going up the 29th and will stay in Bay Minette, AL to meet the MTF bunch for dinner @ Streets. We all room at the Windwood Inn, a great 4 star hotel (on a 30 star rating system...).
The next day headed to Stagecoach early for breakfast and most likely will be gone by noon so I can make it back to beautiful Mims at a reasonable hour.

See you there!
Thanks for the text reminding me as I had let this slip from thought.

Hopefully I will be stopping by St. Louis on the 28th (Come on good weather) and then heading south to "Streets"

Same plans as Jim as far as Stagecoach… Early there / early departure.

Griff and I'll be arriving around 11 am. Meet y'all on the porch? Look for an FJRForum long sleeve t-shirt.

And thanks, creg-ny-baa. I ride like a grandma, so Griff and I will be careful.

Latest posts