The 2014 FJR1300 - Woo-hoo!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would think the electronically adjustable suspension would be useful for making changes easily depending on whether you are fully loaded, partially loaded or not loaded at all....

I like the red on the tank and front plastics. Not really liking the bags in red though. It looks like all of those high dollar farkles - Russell and Smuggler will likely fit just fine. Seems like a wonderful time to start negotiating on a 2013.

The Canadian Edition:

2014_FJR1300AE_SMX_CA_1.png

Yeah. Black.

I notice that some bikes with different driving modes also have a "rain" mode. Based on your experience with the 2013, do you think a rain mode would be helpful, or is the touring mode good enough for the rain?
The latter, without question. Touring mode is rather perfect for rain.

My Gen II Suzuki Hayabusa has those same multi driving modes you mention (they call the modes 'A', 'B', and 'C'). When we first got the bike, everyone experimented with the three settings and came to the conclusion it's a quasi-pointless exercise on the Hayabusa... one *expects* the Hayabusa to be an unbridled beast, so cutting it's legs off some by riding in 'B' or 'C' mode seemed superfluous. Yet, some folks do step down to 'B' mode in heavy rain or when the temps fall near freezing. Hardly anyone uses 'C' mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Gen II Suzuki Hayabusa has those same three driving modes you mention (they call the modes 'A', 'B', and 'C'). When we first got the bike, everyone experimented with the three settings and came to the conclusion it's a quasi-pointless exercise on the Hayabusa... one *expects* the Hayabusa to be an unbridled beast, so cutting it's legs off some by riding in 'B' or 'C' mode seemed superfluous. Yet, some folks do step down to 'B' mode in heavy rain or when the temps fall near freezing. Hardly anyone uses 'C' mode.
I think I used a mode other than "A" maybe two times on my gen2 Busa.

And where's the drool smiley for the new fjr?

Under Features on the site: "Glove box contains a 12V outlet for phones, GPS units, electric vests, etc."

Emphasis is mine, not Yammy's, but does that mean they have more than 3 amps available in the glove box????

At first I thought I was seeing somebody's Photshop shenanigans. Then I thought I was having a stroke.

But, it would seem that Yamaha actually is producing an honest-to-goodness RED FJR? If somebody had bet me yesterday on whether there would be a red FJR....they could have made a killing off me!

I don't know exactly what to make of all of this and think I will sit quietly in a corner contemplating this for now....
confusedsmiley.png
Just goes to show you that they do monitor this place. We have so many peeps screemin for red so much they had to quiet them down.

Me myself I like the Canadian black. I may have to move now or become a dual citizen.

I LIKEY BOTH!

Can I be greedy? ...kidding... my g/f would dis-own me in a heartbeat!

And that SWEET looking deep/rich red look awfully familiar (at least to me)...

2011-BMW-K1600-red.jpg

Darn, I'm always late to the party. I just got on Yamaha's site to compare what kind of cruiser I may like and trade in my FZ6R. Just for kicks, I went by the sports page and saw there were 2 FJRs listed. To my surprise, there is an ES? What's that, I say to myself.

Looks like I may have to trade in both my bikes (09 FJR and my 09 FZ6R) and move on to this lovely red head =)

[droooooooollllllssssssssss].....................

Then again.... if this electronic adjustment can be configured for a slightly stiffer, taunt suspension for the tighter twisties, and a more plush, relaxed setting for interstate-running.... that would seem to be an intriguing option to have.
And if if would remember your custom settings for sport riding and touring, that would be something!

Dammit...... I'm out...... I don't care for RED Except - Red Headed Women.....

I do like that they are bringing the ES to 'MURICA though.

Guess its Galaxy Blue for yet another year.......