The Great White North Liberation Army Launches Attack

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By the way, what battle has that Great White North Liberation Army ever won??
Why do you think there is now a Tim Horton's in Owosso, MI and Eden, NY though I will grant you that Owosso is not much of a prize.
Hey, that's sounds almost like faint praise for my hometown! I'll take it!!

Of course, the last incursion of the Canadian Invasion Force into Eden was not attended by Leftenant Fitter, as I assume he felt that Ray could handle our weak defenses by himself!
I remember doing the recon into Eden. Nice little burg. Better with a Tims.

All that Queen and Great White North Liberation Army crap reminds me of a movie line from True Grit.
I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man!

By the way, what battle has that Great White North Liberation Army ever won??

Oh yeah, the same amount of wars Canada has won.......not a fucking one!!

Just kidding. Looking forward to hanging with that "Army". My dad was born and raised in Bolton England, so I kid a little. Oh and when did Canada become England's bitch. If you want lessons on kicking them out we can show you!!

Good write up Billy!
Ooops. Need to brush up on yer US History
biggrin.png

That's alright, the Canadians are friends, mainly. Not Billy Fitz, but many others are. Steve Bungie is harmless enuf, you just make him laugh until his GPS tells him to turn around and head north again.

Well, the Liberators bypassed the SPAM museum, but it looks like they may have claimed the Jolly Green Giant statue.

I don't think we have too much to worry about. The invading army are pulling their horses on a trailer :)

It's an easy Army to defeat, for one of them, you just need to put wet grass next to a driveway and he will get his horse stuck. The other one is a bit more complex. For that one, it's a strategic play, first you sit out Rye Whiskey along the route, then cue the deer to run across in front of him, and third, you need to remove all JB Weld from area shelves.

Army invasion stopped by lunch time :)

The Cadillac Margaritas got two of them at dinner tonight.

Ray will need to drink some water, Billy will be ok by morning.

Departure time has been slipped from 0700 until TBD

Day Two

We were not the only trailer queens heading west today....

DSC_0006-L.jpg

When we made it up to I90 we made a quick stop in Blue Earth, Minnesota to visit with the Jolly Green Giant....

DSC_0016-L.jpg

DSC_0013-L.jpg

Ray made some noises about riding the rest of the day....

DSC_0010-L.jpg

A few moments of being out of the air conditioned truck and out into the heated environment and Ray realized the error of his ways.

The rest of the tow was uneventful and not worthy of any photos. John met us at the hotel in Spearfish and took us over to the brewery for a pint of cream ale and then we went next door to the Mexican.

IMG_3265-L.jpg

IMG_3266-L.jpg

Jeff had some watery piss....

IMG_3263-L.jpg

Ray had two Cadillac margaritas but he then became too blurry for me to get a photo of him.

Tomorrow, we ride.

I reviewed my photos and found that I did have a picture of Ray leaving the Mexican restaurant in Spearfish last night. Here he is standing between John & Jeff.....

IMG_3260-XL.jpg

A big thunderstorm just rolled through town just like last year with some heavy rain and lightening. It woke both Ray & I and now I'll go back to bed and wait for the rain to stop just like last year.

Hey I know Jeff!

He came up with Ray to pick up Dean from the hospital after his offroad excursion. Then I bumped into him at Lee Parks Level II.

The three Amigos are supposed to be meeting me for coffee, but....... there was no sign of life at the Shady Rest Home for Recalcitrant Immigrants so I'm patiently waiting for them at the Coffee Shop. Bikes remain on the trailer for now. Maybe this will be a truck trip?

The three Amigos are supposed to be meeting me for coffee, but....... there was no sign of life at the Shady Rest Home for Recalcitrant Immigrants so I'm patiently waiting for them at the Coffee Shop. Bikes remain on the trailer for now. Maybe this will be a truck trip?
Perhaps they suspect an ambush and are flanking you...or perhaps the more likely scenario is 'altitude sickness'.

Hey Bill I don't mind being having our independence revoked because we are not able go govern ourselves. But I really must object the beer part. The craft beer in Seattle is AWESOME. I was in BC and Alberta recently and it was quite hard to find a good beer.

I am surprised part of the deal did not turning 7-11's into Tim Hortons - you're slipping Bill.
smile.png

I was in BC and Alberta recently and it was quite hard to find a good beer.
I am surprised part of the deal did not turning 7-11's into Tim Hortons - you're slipping Bill.
smile.png
Dealing with the Tim Horton's thing first you should know that Corporate headquarters was moved to Canada out of the States. The canadians are now going to try to straighten out the whole mess that the Yanks had made of things.

Alberta is full of cowboys and therefore don't know shit about beer. British Columbia is too busy growing killer weed and are all too high to care about beer either. If you want decent beer in Canada you have to come east.

Day 1 Ride

John came over to kick us out of town so we loaded up the bikes and moved the truck & trailer over to John's lot. In spite of John's predictions we rolled out of Spearfish before 9AM. We took off up US85 and then turned onto 212 before turning south to have a peek at Devil's Tower....

DSC_0026-L.jpg

DSC_0030-L.jpg

We worked our way west from there over towards Buffalo, WY before heading over the Powder River Pass in the Sheephorn Park on Hwy 16...

IMG_3271-L.jpg

It was comfortable riding in the mountains but once we dropped down into the valleys it was hot...

IMG_3272-L.jpg

That converts to about 95oF and that was not the highest temperature that we saw. A few extra stops for hydration was required.

We finished the day in Thermopolis with supper at the One Eyed Buffalo while listening to the live band...

IMG_3274-L.jpg

We rode about 659km today and made good time mostly due to the generous speed limits in Montana and Wyoming...

Red%20Lodge%20Ride%20Day%201-L.png

- to be continued -

Last edited by a moderator: