Thinking of coming back to an FJR.... What do ya think?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lacofdfireman

Reaction score
So I owned an 07 AE model that I bought new in 08 as a leftover and rode it for about 6 months and sold it because I had this vision of being this incredible adventure rider and doing these amazing off road adventures all over the states. So I sold the AE and bought a GSA. Loved the GSA on the road but hated it off road. So I sold the GSA and now currently ride a 04 KTM 950 "S" GO!!!!!!! bike.. Well after spending a 6 days on the KTM and never once touching a dirt road I realized that I typically ride 95% of my time on the road. If not more. So now I think I have come full circle. I am looking at another FJR or a C14 or a BMW RT. I tend to lean to the FJR because they seem to be bullet proof but there are a few things that I never liked. Side bags were to small and I remember that my hands would go numb riding the FJR. Not sure if this was riding position or something about the AE bike. Anyone else have any issues. Also I have a budget of under $9k because I want to end up doing some extras to the bike. RDL Seat, Electronics etc. Anything been done to the FJR since I owned my 07 that would make me want to buy a later model year? Any information is very much appreciated.

<jibberish>

After typing a bunch of garbage, I realized I've got nothing to add.

Just buy the FJR and be done with it.

I think you should buy the BMW since you loved your last one.....good luck staying on your budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.