Thinking of Returning

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well today I was in my dealer picking up a tankbag for my Tenere.

A guy I talked to on the road once and passed several times on a Black Gen 2 FJR pulled in and we got to talking. He is Jonesing for a Tenere. So I offered him a test ride on mine. Since we were both heading in the same general direction, we swapped bikes.

He loved the Tenere. it was pretty funny really. When we stopped, I told him I thought his seat was more comfortable than mine. He said he thought the Tenere seat was mor comfortable that his FJR. He liked the quietness of the S10. i loved the growl of the FJR. It was also nice to be able to touch the ground with ease.

I had forgotten how much I like the turbine like whirl of the FJR. Smooth as glass it was. I think itf it were as easy as a hand shake we would have left on each other's bikes. All in all a good ride for us both. I offered him a longer swap day down in the Adirondacks if he wants. It it nice to get some miles on a bike before dropping that much money.

I really can see why some of you guys own both. He saw the luggage potential of the S10 with all three factory bags. I saw the sleek mile munching ability of the FJR.

Great Day,

I couldn't get on with the FJR until we took in 3000 miles in under four days ... That did it
biggrin.png
I've done that with my Goldwings, but then the problem becomes what to do with the rest of the day??

You can't do everything well with one bike. And a cheap one is preferred for the dirt since going down eventually is almost guaranteed, thus we have the cult of the KLR's. It's a 37hp farm implement but does about roughly 70% of what you want in the dirt or on the highway, but it will do both and it will go anywhere with the readily available nutso rider. With a simple sprocket and tire change you can fit it for either dirt or highway. Huge tank.......had 240 miles on the KLR yesterday and it took 5.3 gallons to fill, nice if you're way out in the boonies.