Thursdays the day !

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my wife didn't like my last bike. so she never rode. when i went to get the FJR, i took her so we could take a test ride together. when we got back, she got off the bike and SHE had the big shit-eating grin....

P.

If all goes as planned I will get my 2011 FJR day after tomorrow :)

I chose the 2011 cause I love the liquid silver.

Get ready for alot of questions not all dumb I hope.
Well it didnt happen today maybe tomorrow.

Dealer found out at the last min. that the brake switch recall had not been done.

But I know how ya feel. My check arrived from the bank with the payee incorrect. Ended up having to wait another day. Ugh, the waiting...it sucks!

Brake switch recall? Ignition switch recall? Electrical harness recall? There is NO brake switch recall.

**Edit** Actually, I didn't know 2011s were subject to any of those recalls.

Last edited by a moderator:
See there? The Noobie be ejukating the fjr elders, already! :yahoo:

Day 1 of Death Valley trip with SO on back

"Slow down! We're going 62 mph!"

Day 2 of Death Valley trip with SO on back

"The FJR sure handles corners better than the UltraClassic" followed by

"That guy Fairlaner is a dick, a total asshole, for passing us so fast!"

Day 3 of Death Valley trip with SO on back, after a Mustang turned too early in front of us, not close, but not polite-

Her - "Pass that asshole!"

Me - "Hang on, I'm going to downshift from 5th to 3rd and let her rip! Tell me if it's too much for you."

Her - "Woooo Fucking Hooo!"

..and that's a direct quote ;) :lol: :yahoo:

Dealer should let your Missus take a FJR loaner for the weekend. Then she will want her own.

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Best regards

Surly

:ph34r:

Brake switch recall? Ignition switch recall? Electrical harness recall? There is NO brake switch recall.

I didnt know either but dealer ran the vin and there it was.

I googled it and got this....

https://www.ultimatem...ls-2011-fjr1300
Well Hell...You learn something new every day.
All the more reason to abandon this POS..

Run.. Run away from the bad juju of this shitabg, vibrating cookstove.. The fuker will tip over, block yer rearview with pinko commie mirrors, make yer ass hurt for lack of a proper saddle, and yes Vibrate like yer wifes 120 volt dildo..

Why da fuk do people keep buying this jap junk?

"You are drunk again ain't ya?"

Pot Vs Kettle?

:blink:

Regards

Surly

:lol:

I didnt know either but dealer ran the vin and there it was.

I googled it and got this....

https://www.ultimatemotorcycling.com/2011/yamaha-recalls-2011-fjr1300
Only 260 units. Aren't you the lucky one!
Thats what I told the dealer :)

"Get ready for alot of questions not all dumb I hope."

Just don't dare ask ANY questions about oil or tires for goodness sakes. You can talk about anything you want on this forum EXCEPT oil and tires. If you do, then you will be sent to the NEPRT Dungeon right away! Enjoy the new ride.

What if I get oil on my tires? Can we talk about them at the same time?

I am currently shopping for FJR, coming from 10 years on Harleys. Wife loved riding on the back of the Harley. She is not to happy that I am switching to the ugly sport bike. (her words) she wont be riding much. Not with 2 kids in the house now. After they are gown more, she will be getting her own bike.
Glad to know I'm not the only one going through this. My wife hasn't been too keen on the idea of switching from a nice, comfy cruiser to a sport touring bike either. But, I think if I get a blue FJR and put a top case with a backrest on it she'll be OK in the end -- blue is her favorite color. lol