Tim "Two Wheel Nut" Bates' Alaskan Adventure

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a fabulous adventure. It makes me glad that Tim was able to take it. I'm sure it will be one of the finest memories you have in your life as well. Nice job.

-Fred

Amazing photos, Joe and a very well put together ride report. I've read it once and will re-visit it many more times in the future. Perhaps I'll see the last few pictures more clearly next time. My eyes are a bit watery right now, especially after reading the comment about the bucket list.

Jill

Thanks for putting this report together, Joe. I enjoyed the photos and the text of the report tremendously. This is a fine tribute to our fellow rider and friend, Tim.

:good:

:(

It has taken me three times of logging on and off the forum to read this ride report. One of those times was sitting in a parking lot, eating lunch, and reading on my laptop, but it has been one of the best reports I have read to date. Not only as a tribute to Tim, but you know it is a good report when all I want to do is figure out how I can make the same trip.

Thanks for sharing, and putting all this together. It could not have been easy, and obviously came at a personal cost.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dearest Joe,

Thanks for an incredible written summary of The Trip. Fortunately you had tutored Tim in connecting his digital cameras up to the big screen. Saturday evening, after cleaning-up his person and tucking-in the FJR, I was treated to the one and only viewing narrated by Tim. Your stories actually match!

You have selected great pix from your collective shots and created a memorable presentation of Tim's Next To Last Ride.

Would it be possible to add this to the web-site so that other Family & Friends can experience the trip?

Tim was truely blessed to have your company on this great ride and the connection of his Forum Friends - in words, photos and most important, "love of the ride".

Respectfully, Patti

PS Thank you for putting screen names with "real world" identies.

Really glad I got to see you on Vachon Island and be a small part of your grand adventure. I think Tim would approve and appreciate this trip report.

Barry

Nice Joe.
word.gif

:clapping:

Thanks for the labor of love and respect that was this report. What an experience to be able to share with TWN.

(BTW - I've made a note of Floyd's.)

I'm sure this report makes us all feel closer to Tim now that we have seen what he saw and have experienced what he did on his trip. Thank you for that Joe!

I just "glanced" at the first part of this before heading to work and NEW I had to stop. I'm glad I forced myself to experience your trip as I read the story line and looked at the pictures. Somehow, it helps to see Tim enjoying himself and the experience he longed for. I'm glad you shared it with him and then shared it with us.

Thanks, Joe, this is just too kewel!

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Well done my friend!!

Thank you !!