Top box, I hate/love mine

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IDK.........Kinda looks like a spaceship landed on the back of your bike!
It looks even worse with me on it!

Without me:
IMG_2221_zps6idj06ft.jpg

With me:
IMG_2337_zpsgzpwn4im.jpg

I will say that I notice a slight, very slight wind deflection with the V47 at speed and Pop says he does not feel his V46. Of course if he would ever take it off the bike...
Talk about a thread hijack. Damn, the admin should immediately nuke this thread. I can't even see the topcases anyone after that monstrosity on the seat. I take back my "hate" part about the box. Comparatively speaking I no longer dislike the look after what I saw.

All joking aside, I am glad I took it with because of the value to have open space for stuff. I did not need to take it because I did not wind up camping at all on the trip. If I would t have taken it, I would have wished I did. The winds across South Dakota were awful at times. Lean angles and buffeting caused some pucker moments. But all was good.

After further review, you make the box look good Andrew. In fact I do like the look of yours on the 15.

Eflygy, I actually like that concept. Maybe not 20 more on each side, but a little augmentation would be nice. Think Kate Upton, not Dolly Parton.