*Update - dates set* 2015 SE Ohio Ramble possible dates

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just for this, I believe I will bring my FZ1 with the loud pipe!

No more Beemer a-holes!, one is enough!
haha.gif

...and I'm kidding, all makes/models welcome. As always, we just ask that any loud pipes ride to the rear of their group(s).
I think yer allowed...you just get to ride at the back.

correct. OU graduation was same weekend & rate was something like $87/night last year. My 2 cents is 5/1 weekend vs. the other two options, but I'm a guest on an ST1300.... unless I pull the string on that SWEET '14 FJR I drooled over (after getting off of ityesterday!
We welcome other bike owners, including ST1300 and BMW owners!
wink.png
Very much appreciated. You were even nice to me BEFORE I said I'm a Colts fan ! I lived in Indy when the semis showed up in the middle of the night from Baltimore !

We will see if the Colts can beat the Pats this weekend, that would be exquisite! (Sorry, way off topic)

Last edited by a moderator:
KJ, did you receive a response from the hotel about your low-ball offer?

Been kinda busy lately and haven't kept up.

And don't feel like poking through the thread.

Can someone give me a succint update?

I take it we're not gonna be back at the Micotel this go-round?

Thanks.

Thanks.
Correct, Andy, we plan to go to a nearby city to retain the first weekend in May dates. We are waiting for KJ to update us on which hotel then we can start a new thread to announce the details.

Thanks.
Correct, Andy, we plan to go to a nearby city to retain the first weekend in May dates. We are waiting for KJ to update us on which hotel then we can start a new thread to announce the details.
And then I'm going to complain about it while doing nothing to help...

Wyndham Group Reservations did get back to me but we are currently haggling it out on the price. Once they contacted the Mineral Wells Microtel, all of a sudden prices went up instead of going down. This has me (only) thinking that the local Mgr knows what's going on w the frackers and the market in this area.

I was hoping to avoid this local level of acknowledgment, and do it all through corporate. I've drawn my line in the sand....... TBC

*Update*

I got another response but there price is still a tad higher than what I can do through Wyndam.com

That being said, we could resort (no pun intended) to directly book through Wyndam. If you're not a member (yet), not a problem, it's free to sign-up. But... this could be our last resort here for Mineral Wells WV.... and it's not too bad IMO.....

Here's a Single Queen through Wyndam rewards:

$87.55 USD 3 Nights(1 Room) 262.65 USD

Tax 31.54 USD View total cost with taxes & fees

Total Cost* 294.19 USD

---------------------------------------------------

Here's a Double Queen through Wyndam rewards:

$92.08 USD 3 Nights(1 Room) 276.25 USD

Tax 33.16 USD View total cost with taxes & fees

Total Cost* 309.41 USD

(these both are figured for 3 nights, adjust as to your needs of course)

*This is better than what the Group rate so far I have been offered. I haven't given up tho either!

*These rates^ are even less if you have and type in either AAA or AARP membership. Not much, but it may buy you a beer at the "Tig Bitties Bar" across the street
wink.png

So this booking method is a backup, it's within budget. Let's see if they come back and can trump the Wyndam rewards offer. If not? Maybe we should vote on this, alternatively our lodging choices most likely will not be as new & convenient. Sacrifice to save a couple of bucks? hmmm, Not sure it would be worth it?

Any thoughts gang?

The Ramble has always been, ride in Friday, leave Sunday. Some folks in the past have decided to leave on Monday. Your rates are for 3 nights...just so people don't get confused. I have always done just Friday and Saturday nights, and split a room. Doing so makes this much more doable.

Just trying to catch-up on the dates since I just joined-in. Oh, I see it, the first weekend of May. Great, I can do that weekend. Let me know how I can help.

KJ, what are you proposing as our options for the May 1st-3rd weekend? If we cannot get better rates reserving a block of rooms but they believe availability is not an issue or there is another hotel close, then reserving online should not be a problem!

The Ramble has always been, ride in Friday, leave Sunday. Some folks in the past have decided to leave on Monday. Your rates are for 3 nights...just so people don't get confused. I have always done just Friday and Saturday nights, and split a room. Doing so makes this much more doable.
Our group came in on Thurs last year only to find many or most already there. I did make mention of the 3 nights (in bold) and also "adjust to your needs". Myself anyways, I want to ride 2 day loops when there (Fri & Sat) so 3 days is minimal for me anyways.

Speaking of loops, I've already been adding/editing some of my Devils Den roads to our possible Mineral Wells loca. We will keep the existing SEO East and West Loops with altercation to/from; our new diggs. So with these new 6+ loops I have made (Southern OH & mostly WV)... we'll have lots to chose from and something for everybody.

Just trying to catch-up on the dates since I just joined-in. Oh, I see it, the first weekend of May. Great, I can do that weekend. Let me know how I can help.
Thank you, might take you up on some assistance, and we're glad to have you on board!

KJ, what are you proposing as our options for the May 1st-3rd weekend? If we cannot get better rates reserving a block of rooms but they believe availability is not an issue or there is another hotel close, then reserving online should not be a problem!

Allen, as of right now, the availability is not an issue. From what I've learned so far (Spring-time); the fraggers book anywhere from 2-Months out right up to a new job relocation w some bookings a single day in advance!. So we have an open window now, my concern is for the folks who want-in during that later period.

My argument with them is simply "if I can get a good rate individually (as I showed you through Wyndham Rewards), why can't a bulk group quantity do any better?". I guess they know they will sell out anyways, why give it away (their thinking). ???

Until I hear that their last offer is final, I'm still acting as a Walmart power buyer w them. If you try a expedia, priceline etc., you'll find that Wyndham quote^^^ beats them all. So that's not chopped liver by any standards.

So.... still waiting for the Group Bookings Dept final answer......

*UPDATE*

Pondering on this has not gone in our favor. It seems the more we "dicker" the more they think they have a pot of gold. Here's my last email on this for the Microtel in Mineral Wells WV.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi KJ,

Thank you for all of your emails.

I have again contacted the hotel on your behalf and was advised $99.00 is the lowest they can offer.

Please let me know if you have questions or would like to proceed.

Thank you,

Cheryl

Internet Group Sales

Wyndham Hotel Group

Phone: 1-866-820-2718 X 2

Fax: 1-888-680-0222
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So.... we have 2 options...

1) Go ahead and block off the rooms @ $99/nite (and this was 2 beds)

1b) Book individually through Wyndams Rewards (now about $2 higher than last week was, it seems to be climbing)

2) Nix it

KJ, I think option 1 (1b) are acceptable fir the first weekend. The price on the block is only $10-15 more per night than the other weekends and about $25-30 cheaper than the usual Microtel for the same weekend.

Why don't you start a new thread with the bree information and have folks post their intentions of participating and room needs/roommate pairings so you can get am idea of the number of participants and rooms needed.

KJ, I think option 1 (1b) are acceptable fir the first weekend. The price on the block is only $10-15 more per night than the other weekends and about $25-30 cheaper than the usual Microtel for the same weekend.
Why don't you start a new thread with the bree information and have folks post their intentions of participating and room needs/roommate pairings so you can get am idea of the number of participants and rooms needed.
Will do.
1st weekend in May as norm, hopefully next year we can return to our normal Marrietta diggs. For this year and with all the competition of the graduation, a wedding and of course the fracker invasion... I think it will do fine. I just am disappointed a tad that they wouldn't deal anymore.

Oh well, There's good out of it... this area opens up a lot more routes as wv is now easily accessible as south loops/routes.

I'll make a website signup form to start collecting attendee info. I've done it before, I just need to rewrite the verbiage over to this gathering.....

I'll make a thread here for the invite w link to the signup page.

KJ, if I remember correctly Wayne said last year's website can be updated and used for this year, if easier.