Very wierd , cruise stopped working

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadstar

Reaction score
I didn`t want to hijack another thread, so here it goes. I decided to move my unit from under my seat on my 07 to behind the transmission. After hooking everything back up the same way it was, it doesn`t work :angry2: I pulled the panel on the back of the canister to see if the led light would light or not. With key on & turn the unit on, i hit set & light goes on & hit the reset & lights on, so i hit front brake then rear & both make the light , light. I also start the bike & as the revs go up so does the blinking on the light. I do have the vacuum canister & all i did to that was put longer hoses on. Any one have any idea what could has been done wrong do make it not work. I also made sure cable is not kinked & moves freely .

Thanks

have you done a reset on unit hold dowm set and power buttons and turn on key this should put you in diagnostics mode and you can test all the functions there , contact the manufactue they could probaly offer some advice

.... I do have the vacuum canister & all i did to that was put longer hoses on. Any one have any idea what could has been done wrong do make it not work. I also made sure cable is not kinked & moves freely .

Thanks
Did you put the two vacuum hoses the same way to the canister? The inlet and outlet must be he right way round.

(Click on image for larger view)

Last edited by a moderator:
1339683518[/url]'post='972663'].... I do have the vacuum canister & all i did to that was put longer hoses on. Any one have any idea what could has been done wrong do make it not work. I also made sure cable is not kinked & moves freely .

Thanks
Did you put the two vacuum hoses the same way to the canister? The inlet and outlet must be he right way round. (Click on image for larger view)

Double checked it and looking at your pic, the top goes to the T-bodys &the bottom goes to the unit.

Also dip switches are at

#1on #2off #3off #4on #5off #6off & #7on

I'm pretty sure they're right
Confirm the switches. #7 could need swapping when hot, but you've tested ignition coil pickup is OK with the "as the revs go up so does the blinking on the light".

The only other simple thing I can think of is if your rear brake lever is sticking on.

Not uncommon, but that would be an Improbable coincidence.

I read somewhere that on Gen II, Switch 7 is supposed to be off. But what do I know? Mine quit working suddenly too last week after having it worked on and I still haven't figured it out. It worked for a few days after I got it back and then stopped 10 miles into a 400 mile day. That sucked.

Check the brake wire to the connector. I have had that pin come out before. Any disconnect in that line, and the cruise will assume the brake is applied, meaning no set.

Good luck, I'm curious to know what you find.

Thanks & will be at it again today , and hopefully find out what stopped it. I had the bike completely apart yesterday (not a good look) and checked all points , but will try again. Hopefully with some good news, & what i do is try something & take it foer a ride & if not fixed , i try something else. This way i narrow it down :angry2:

Well tried it with #7 off and still nothing. I even went and pulled the posi taps off & just soldered all the connections (still no) even tested the wires at the unit to make sure there wasn't a cut in the wires going to it. I'll keep trying untill i hope to get it going.