Vetter Magic Seat Board

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has been a few months since this thread was last discussed, any new info or insights? I know it isn't prime LD riding season, but some of the assarang folks must have gotten a chance to do an extended test by now.

If you have the plywood board i would upholster it with something that compliments the seat cover if you don't want it to get wet or look dorky(er).

I do think the air bladder idea has merrit. You could use something akin to those manual lumbar support air bladders they have in cars or blood pressure pumps, where you pump it by hand and release it with the little screw on the top of the bulb, or go full on and install a powered air pump.

What would the air bladder look like? I envision an accordian like bellows that retracts when deflated maybe, with a piece of seat cover upholstery on top so it doesn't like a medical appliance.

As long as it has been bumped out of curiosity I want to know what Ignacio finally did. IIRC he has done one or two IBRs since this thread started.

As long as it has been bumped out of curiosity I want to know what Ignacio finally did. IIRC he has done one or two IBRs since this thread started.
The board adorns my shop wall as a great memento of my meeting with Craig, I've passed along the thoughts he shared (I dare say occasionally I've evangelized the points), I've watched the light bulb turn on with a few people and others have been at least bemused, and I'm the proud owner of a 2nd Russell seat as they are the most practical example of a product that's closest to the ideal.

The last IBR I thought about my butt maybe half a dozen times. Ferry schedules, checkpoints,....even Vetter himself....many more times. If anything I keep thinking what it would be like to do an IBR in a streamliner....somewhat competitively.

Latest posts