Vetter Magic Seat Board

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
God, I love this forum. Now EVERYBODY will make one.
Still . . .

I would advise against the rope. If it falls off, what are you out? A piece of plywood. Having it flapping around while on the bike might be a lot worse for you and the bike than losing a cheap piece of plywood.
I was thinking I could deploy it to discourage tailgating.
Why it's called an asshole boomerang, right? Chuck it over your shoulder and then reel it in after it puts a hole in the windshield of the offending cage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still . . .

I would advise against the rope. If it falls off, what are you out? A piece of plywood. Having it flapping around while on the bike might be a lot worse for you and the bike than losing a cheap piece of plywood.
Why it's called an asshole boomerang, right? Chuck it over your shoulder and then reel it in after it puts a hole in the windshield of the offending cage.
Actually, it's called an Assarang!

Still . . .

Actually, it's called an Assarang!
BoomerHole seems more appropriate. :p

If the damn thing really worked like a boomerang, I wouldn't need the rope, would I?
sarcastic.gif

Seems like there should be some way to replace the black plastic cover pieces below and to the rear of each side of the tank with a similar shaped item that would hinge out from the bottom of the tank to support your legs... could be pneumatically driven, and controlled by some electronics tied to a speed sensor. You could set it so that anything below a certain speed (say 50 MPH) they don't deploy (enabling you to get your legs down at stop lights, and ride through twisties), and at 50+ they raise to support your legs... or you could manually control their deployment, with an inability to deploy below a certain speed... Interesting concept.

Mines at the upholsterer, he is making a removable cover with half inch form either side, will be interesting to see how it works.

R

So who is gonna post up with the first accident using this thing?
Very good question, Wheatie! But more importantly, who is going to write the Operator's Manual, to make sure that Bustanut joker does not shove it length wise up his "Boomer Hole"!

Seems like there should be some way to replace the black plastic cover pieces below and to the rear of each side of the tank with a similar shaped item that would hinge out from the bottom of the tank to support your legs... could be pneumatically driven, and controlled by some electronics tied to a speed sensor. You could set it so that anything below a certain speed (say 50 MPH) they don't deploy (enabling you to get your legs down at stop lights, and ride through twisties), and at 50+ they raise to support your legs... or you could manually control their deployment, with an inability to deploy below a certain speed... Interesting concept.
Wow, what we need is an engineer. I wonder where we can find a ME? Groo? Hey, look, Groo is in the house! Hi Groo! Great to see you posting!

:clapping:

Wow, what we need is an engineer. I wonder where we can find a ME? Groo? Hey, look, Groo is in the house! Hi Groo! Great to see you posting!

:clapping:

Since this seems to me to have more to do with support to your thighs as opposed to anything really to do with your butt/ass , I think a more proper name would be the THIGHBOARD or the THIGH-A-RANG.

My thoughts on possible solutions to make this a retractable deployment concept for the bike would actually have the "wings" swing out from the sides of the seat, like those swept wing fighters. If positioned right, it might even be possible to "override" the system by lifting your rear slightly and using the area right behind your knee to push back and swing the "wings" out of the way , allowing one to get a foot down if needed.

The other idea about having the them hinged so they fold up, powered by pnuematics, with a sensor that retracts them instantaniously if a certain amount of front brake is applied , seems sound too.

Inflatable "bags" seem like a good idea too, but not sure how quickly one can be deflated if the need arises. Something that makes them deploy/retract in nano seconds is the way to go.

KM

Since this seems to me to have more to do with support to your thighs as opposed to anything really to do with your butt/ass , I think a more proper name would be the THIGHBOARD or the THIGH-A-RANG.
My thoughts on possible solutions to make this a retractable deployment concept for the bike would actually have the "wings" swing out from the sides of the seat, like those swept wing fighters. If positioned right, it might even be possible to "override" the system by lifting your rear slightly and using the area right behind your knee to push back and swing the "wings" out of the way , allowing one to get a foot down if needed.

The other idea about having the them hinged so they fold up, powered by pnuematics, with a sensor that retracts them instantaniously if a certain amount of front brake is applied , seems sound too.

Inflatable "bags" seem like a good idea too, but not sure how quickly one can be deflated if the need arises. Something that makes them deploy/retract in nano seconds is the way to go.

KM
Quick Deployment -
pepperball_co2_cartridge_single.jpg

Quick Retracttion -
21jw2qOW6iL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Great ideas! See how the inventive minds of the FJR Forum attack this problem! Retractable wings, pneumatic deployment, seat-mounted, automatic storage sheaths, perhaps with switchblade-style, spring-loaded placement and retraction. Maybe even modify the gas tank and store your retractable thigh supporter in space that was formerly wasted on gasoline you weren't even using. If needed, there are plenty of auxiliary tanks for gasoline in the rear area. Get the engineers on this one quick. And the financial consultants too, of course.

Or, maybe, just try a dollar twenty's worth of plywood and see how that works . . .

Seriously, though, has anybody considered the possibility of nice comfy silicone ASS implants? :lol:

Great ideas! See how the inventive minds of the FJR Forum attack this problem! Retractable wings, pneumatic deployment, seat-mounted, automatic storage sheaths, perhaps with switchblade-style, spring-loaded placement and retraction. Maybe even modify the gas tank and store your retractable thigh supporter in space that was formerly wasted on gasoline you weren't even using. If needed, there are plenty of auxiliary tanks for gasoline in the rear area. Get the engineers on this one quick. And the financial consultants too, of course.
Right, it's ALL good but I don't like getting pinched in the ASS, no matter how good the mechanism is!

Right, it's ALL good but I don't like getting pinched in the ASS, no matter how good the mechanism is!
Jorge, I would be much more worried about getting "The Boys" pinched by the plywood, than my ASS! After CFR 2010 with Bustanut joker, my ass is now pinch numb from Bust Baby!