Vetter Magic Seat Board

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a Magic Seat Board! It's a side stand pad! It's a boomerang! It catches food that falls out of your mouth while you are eating! It's an outhouse seat booster! It clamps to your helmet for added stability! But wait!! If you order now we'll include at no extra cost our patented rider relief/rider hydration tube system!

Seriously, for the price of a piece of scrap 1/2" plywood and some bandsaw and sander work, I'm gonna try this thing. It might be the next best thing to having a Swedish masseuse along for the ride.

pete

It might be the next best thing to having a Swedish masseuse along for the ride.
Now that's just crazy talk. Just stop it! :)

No happy ending could possibly result....without risk of a GIANT sliver anyway.

I told 'ya folks I wasn't proud of this thread....but I just couldn't NOT say anything. I bow my head in forum shame at this possibly important....but cognitively dissonant thread. I'm sure if Warchild was around he'd slap some sense into me. I leave it to Bounce to try and wake me up from this nightmare.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah yeah yeah..

so get busy and take some measurements, eh?

Some of us want our own ass slivers... :unsure:

or... wait a minute here..

did you go to Catholic school? :p

I think the reason that it ended up in Craig's Bad Ideas page would be more obvious:. Sure, it's only for long distance stretches... but all of us have had to come to a sudden stop on a highway/freeway because of some idiot cager/deer/etc. You're doing 80 on I95, have to slam on the brakes, can't get your feet down, and now you're run over by an 18-wheeler. Woops! :huh:

On another note, his self-balancing winch ramp was so so close... Take a standard front wheel chock and put it on casters held in guides on the ramp... that way you can roll your bike into the chock, strap it in, then connect the winch cable to the chock and winch away.

Very intresting for sure. If someone does decide to start offering these babies for sale, my only suggestion here is to not make them out of plywood, but to use Sanatec , it is that plastic they make cutting boards out of. (Google it)

It is available in sheets from 1/4 to 2" thick.(in several colors) It is very strong, light, nonporus (waterproof) anti-bacterial (sweat proof) and odor ressistant (fart proof)

It has a mild pebble finish for better traction, and will not give you splinters. Something around 1/2 to 5/8" in thickness should work fine.

And you can use it as a cutting board.....

FYI

KM

Did anyone notice that Vetter stated once in use, you can't put your feet down? So you've got to remove it while riding.

Anyone bringing this out as a product has enormous liability, no matter what disclaimer you include.

Strikes me as a fabulous way to spend the rest of your life living in a beat up car parked down by the river.

Did anyone notice that Vetter stated once in use, you can't put your feet down? So you've got to remove it while riding.
Anyone bringing this out as a product has enormous liability, no matter what disclaimer you include.

Strikes me as a fabulous way to spend the rest of your life living in a beat up car parked down by the river.

That's why Craig was giving them away, not selling them and indicated it was no problem to copy them.

I borrowed Matt's to try on my bike in the parking lot in Denver, and have to say, it didn't feel too bad in a static situation. I also had it in one of the seminars and tried it while sitting on those "comfortable" chairs in a lecture hall. It even felt pretty good there. I've got one traced and ready to cut out.

Roger

Ok, I went on a rant about suing types then self-edited it to oblivion..

I want to try one. Gawd knows, a CBA prezident sometimes rides *almost* 200 miles in 24 hours...

:fuck: the peeps who don't take responsibility for their own decisions..

..oh, Hugs n' Kisses, eh?

So is someone going to post a pattern, or are we just going to talk about it round and round in circles until it disappears up it's own rear orfice?

So is someone going to post a pattern, or are we just going to talk about it round and round in circles until it disappears up it's own rear orfice?
Grumpy, I got your seat! Send $375 USD, and it will be 'in the mail 2morrow' :rofl:

How about Buttock Boomerang?
Now there's a catchy phrase! Bravo Fred.

Well ya see, I was just hummin' down I-80 on my Buttock Boomerang when this Killer Ninja Tumbleweed came a flyin in from the left and I nailed it dead center. There were bits and pieces everywhere, I tell ya. :cowboy:

I gotta buzz from 3 glasses of Merlot right now. I really think you'd rather have me do something Iggy-professional and get it up this weekend. It will be the first uninterrupted weekend in the past 15,000 FJR miles I've been home. ;)

I think I can get the original on an 11x17 PDF file for print out for half and mirror image. I'm also thinking I'll include trim lines for what I nip away to fit the Gen 1 FJR tank.

And I've already screwed that up. After my 1100 mile ride home Sunday I forgot to take it out when I approached a stoplight in my home city. At 6'4" I was just barely able to get one tippy toe down and prevent testing my TOGs. Doh!

This is one of those really cool ideas...you're completely on your own if you duplicate. This sucker will weed out a few people from the gene pool. ;)

I like the theory behind why the ass board works and I'm glad some folks find it helpful, but I would not try to fit that under my butt while rolling. If it can't be placed there while the bike is stopped and at least my toes touching the ground then it is too dangerous for me.

Latest posts