VOLCANO RIDE 2012

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FINALLY made it up there and checked out this Windy Ridge thingie.

I'll get a shitty ride report together soon, but I must say, it was an "interesting" trip ..... following Niehart's directions.

(Dave, the huckleberry pie in Trout Lake was very good. Thank you.)
Great pics. Looks like the road gets really close to the edge up there. Should be good at keeping me slowed down a bit :rolleyes:

Only 6 weeks until the most fun ride of the year. Remember, you need to design the ride to and from Windy Ridge. If you don't have fun, you don't know Mt. St. Helens and the roads it has to offer. And a good time to say hi to some friends from around the PNW. Make sure you schedule time to make this ride. You need to do it at least once a year.
yahoo.gif

Duke & I will be hanging out at my sisters in Oregon City the week after the ruben run. Sounds like we could make this. Went up to see mt st helens in a rental car 2 years ago ( I remember the signs motorcyles be extremlly carefull, usually a good sign :lol: ) I'm A little unclear where to meet? Is this where your go'n? My link

Last edited by a moderator:
Duke & I will be hanging out at my sisters in Oregon City the week after the ruben run. Sounds like we could make this. Went up to see mt st helens in a rental car 2 years ago ( I remember the signs motorcyles be extremlly carefull, usually a good sign :lol: ) I'm A little unclear where to meet? Is this where your go'n? My link
Just a little further down the road is the end of the pavement and a parking lot to meet in. There is a path that goes to the top of a mound where Old Michael took a picture and toilets. Keep in touch, we will get you going in the right directions and the best roads. Talk to you at the RTE.

Keep in touch, we will get you going in the right directions and the best roads. Talk to you at the RTE.

OK see ya at Ruben RTE ( I looked up the chevron in washougal on C street so I knows where that is)

Taking a ride up today. See if anyone else heads up. I will be headed up 503 thru Cougar and following 25 up.

Rode up and can say honestly one of my favorite rides and destinations so far! If you are considering this ride, do it. I took pics, but need to upload them. Some great views. I don't care much for heights, so the ride out as a little slower than the ride in :)

It is a great ride. We took a ride up there last weekend. People must keep a level head on this road. On or trip, we saw 2 bikes down, 1 Goldwing and 1 Harley.

I went up today. Too much traffic. Road seemed bumpier than on July 13th. Maybe because of the bikes being different. It was a nice day and we did have fun.

VOID 9/17/2012 My call, but this year it looks as though I'm not going to make it. Wed. before I will be heading south to Yosemite. Sorry, but I know you guys can make this event happen even with out me. Just make sure you post pictures.
angry.gif

Change of plans again. I am in. A good place to hook up is at the Chevron Station in Washougal on C street, next to hwy 14. This allows a ride up the Gorge to Carson, then up Wind River Rd, Meadow Creek Rd, Curly Creek Rd. then FS 25 and 99.

Yo Ken,

Glad to hear you are back in... Back from Yosemite already?

What time shall we meet at the Chevron station?

You AZ boys are welcome of course... Be aware that blufjr can be a bit quick up the hill, but he knows the road like no other.

Lets meet up at 8:30am. That should put us at Windy Ridge about 11:30am. This time of the year, morning traffic should be light. The weather is suppose to be sunny, around 64-67 on the mountain and 77 down in the valley. No rain in sight so the roads will be dry.
yahoo.gif

After Windy Ridge:

Going down to Trout Lake via forest service roads 90 and 23, for huckleberry pie and then back on Hwys 141 and 14? (320 miles +)

MapTL.jpg

Cafe at Chevron station in Trout Lake. They make good pies and cobblers.

P1020297.jpg