Warchild/Daughter World Superbike Adventure!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent Dad/Daughter adventure! I'm torn on who had more fun on the hot lap, considering both your commentary on the video and her reaction when she hopped, jumped, danced off the bike, I think it's a toss up! BTW, I agree on the "sweetness" of the exhaust note, sheer audio poetry!

Looks like it was an awesome weekend for both of you. :yahoo: Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Curt

Awesome all-the-way-around

....Great job to both of you.

Those memories will be with you two forever, and it is great to see Lauryn's passion for moto-bike fun.

Thumbs-Up from Reno

200544099-001.jpg
200468697-001.jpg
AX005-631.jpg
u13267504.jpg
BLD041206.jpg
182534SDC.jpg
e00010985.jpg
15327-51IL.jpg
bxp27357.jpg
74362830.jpg
AP05974.jpg
AP05700.jpg
AP06011.jpg
56677551.jpg
55878570.jpg
STK122254RKE.jpg
183771SDC.jpg
183151SDC.jpg
183155SDC.jpg
183172SDC.jpg
184232SDC.jpg
ZKD025.jpg
191310SDC.jpg
184445SDC.jpg
MEDFR30663.jpg
184519SDC.jpg
ks106112.jpg
bxp28881.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good stuff Dale. She's hooked on track riding now.
Probably.... but at the moment, she is wanting to obtain a different street bike - after this trip, she has decided the 16-year-old baby Ninja is no longer cutting the mustard for her.

It's not that she needs/wants more power - 500cc's will propel her tiny little 110lbs down the road with no problem - rather, it's more of a cosmetics thing. The Ninja looks dated ('cuz it is!), and she is looking at getting something similar in performance, but just a little "sexier", is all.... ;)

She called me last night to ask my opinion about this 2006 Suzuki she has her eye on locally:

2006_GS500F_sn-r_800.jpg

WC -- this is beyond cool! The pics of Lauryn radiate enthusiasm.

You'll recall that I used to call you the "Farkle Satan" or "GB Satan" on the XX forum and here for the very reason that you are contagious regarding motorcycling at the very coolest edge -- some of us just cannot resist. But I never before considered what that enthusiasm contagion must be like for one of your offspring who is regularly infected/exposed to such a serious dose of motorcycling excitement. :lol:

Now I gotta laugh that the poor girl is predictably smitten with the next cool bike in her surely long motorcycling journey. Way to go, Dale! :clapping:

Good stuff Dale. She's hooked on track riding now.
Probably.... but at the moment, she is wanting to obtain a different street bike - after this trip, she has decided the 16-year-old baby Ninja is no longer cutting the mustard for her.

It's not that she needs/wants more power - 500cc's will propel her tiny little 110lbs down the road with no problem - rather, it's more of a cosmetics thing. The Ninja looks dated ('cuz it is!), and she is looking at getting something similar in performance, but just a little "sexier", is all.... ;)

She called me last night to ask my opinion about this 2006 Suzuki she has her eye on locally:
Hmm...

I really enjoyed my time with my GS500. I had the "e" model (naked), but the bikes are essentially the same. It was a hoot to ride around town.

It did have enough oomph, was stupid simple, and air cooled. It got it done on the highway, but felt out of breath above 70mph or so.

But, with the 500F the "modern" is only skin deep. Underneath it is a two decade+ old machine, with like technology. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

If she wanted more modern styling with some niceities like FI, she may want to check out something like the Ninja 650R, GSX650F, or the FZ6.

If she wanted more modern styling with some niceities like FI, she may want to check out something like the Ninja 650R . . . .
That's the one I'd be thinking of. All the goodness of 2 cylinder torque in a new (2004) engine design, sexy looks, and the '07 blue is very sharp. But then -- WC's a far better than usual fatherly source of such advice.

Awesome reports and pics....Truly Epic....Now, i will be seeking a track day experience.

Didn't know they had so much fun stuff to do there.

Thanks for sharing...Props to the Daughter.

Latest posts