We Lost A Great Friend

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP Tim.

I tried to read through all the replies on this thread, and although I never met Tim in the real world, just reading the heartfelt words of those who did, and the words of all the others who, like me, only met him through his (considerable) contribution to this forum, is more emotional than I can handle here at work. The responses here of all those who knew him are a testament to what a wonderful person he was.

I know that this community will miss him greatly, and I'm sure that he had as much an impact on the 'real world' communities that he was a member of, and they will miss him too.

Condolences to all his friends and family.

Condolences to Tims family..

This f*cking stinks, is about what comes to mind.

Ride on Tim........ may your roads from here on be twisty and smooth. Make sure and tell Andrew hes number "1" on your next ride!!

:( Zac

97-DoublebirdTWNandOvale.jpg

Rest in peace Tim. I never met you but feel I knew you from your posts, like alot of folks here.

Hope there are fun rides and fast roads where you are now.

Like all of you, terribly shocked to see this, only now. Far too young, far too much going for himself in life, far too many feeling this loss: everything is wrong about this. He seemed to be one of those few forum members whose pronouncements on a subject were final, like once he spoke, the issue was resolved--or it had BETTER be. <_< The man had gravitas, to use a word that was popular a couple of years ago, and everyone recognized it.

So when I finally met Tim at the Clan Gathering this summer, I wasn't real sure what to expect, especially as we had just recently exchanged a series of PMs disagreeing over some damn thing. Of course I found a warm, friendly and open person, not the forbidding arbiter of the forum I wondered if I'd meet. A damn good guy, as most of you already knew. Sorry not to have known you better, Tim, and heartfelt condolences to your family and all those close to you.

Was informed of his passing over the weekend. Had to take a break from the forum for a bit. Take a look around and remember that we're all mortal animals.

Sleep well, TWN.

I heard about it from Sherri Knight today. I did not know until TODAY because I have been absent from the board. She is my friend and of all people to have to tell me, Andrews widow. Shit!

It was an honor to have him in my home and as my friend. I have been blessed by knowing many great men no longer with us and many that still are..

WFO6, Party, My house... The Guest List was as good as it gets as you can see

P7260084.jpg

P7260101.jpg

P7260096.jpg

P7260078.jpg

P7250077.jpg

I have nothing to say.. Not a word,, My mind is now blank

RIP Tim.. Godspeed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Although I never met you Tim personally, I sure did know your ways and became very fond of them. The place won't be the same without your wit and charm....oh and bullshit! I sit here with tears in my eyes as I type this and cannot believe you are not going to be here anymore.....

Missus Nut if ever you need some time away our home is your home to you and your family, yeah I know it's a bit of a trip but you won't be disappointed, my heart goes out to you and your family.

Just got in from work to learn of this.

Words fail me right now.

Tim, you will be missed so much by everyone on this forum and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

RIP.

Taff.

Ok, It's been a couple of days and I needed to do something..... and I don't want to forget him, If that was actually possible.

Tim will be with me everytime I ride.

My 'sheild now sports this..

misctwnmemo006.jpg

another view..sorry cheezy camera unit

misctwnmemo010.jpg

Damn! All I got is PM's now.

Love ya bro.

B

All,
A few thoughts have occurred to me, repeatedly, over the weekend. I feel a need for some sort of gesture on behalf of the Forum, itself, for Tim Bates. Here are a few thoughts, none of which I have any particular attachment to, but which I reveal to get the ball rolling.

1. Retire Tim's favorite emoticon, forever.

2. Retire the post count 11,031, such that this Forum, like a hotel and its 13th floor, simply skips that number evermore.

3. Rename NAFO, which Tim both first named and organized, The Two Wheel Nut.
Here are a couple more ideas for renaming NAFO, if we decide to do that...

4. TIMBO (Tim's International Meeting of Bike Owners)

5. TIM (a little more short and sweet - Tim's International Meet)

Happy Trails to you, Tim. Your spirit will always live on in the hearts of your family and friends.

[SIZE=12pt]Tim, in heaven you never have to stop for gas![/SIZE]

[SIZE=18pt]R.I.P.[/SIZE]

:friends: :bye2: :fuck:

R.I.P. Tim I cannot find the words to express my feeling, Godspeed on your Journey. Your impact on earth will be felt for many years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.