WFO Room opening!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tonight a guy tried to pull all the way over a double yellow to keep me from splitting lanes. I returned the favor in my own special little way and he was not looking too happy as I pulled away. Bunch of fucking assholes that we share the roads with.. Be careful guys.

Oh Dammmmmmit!!! :angry2:

I was JUST thinking about you today as i was making my WFO plans, And was going to send you a PM tonight inviting you to ride with us from Denver... :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

Heal quick, My friend.

Do we see a nice Black Cherry FJR coming in your future?

Fuck me, what the hell is wrong with people!?!?! Fucking c*nt!

Damn, dude, well, as long as you are OK, nothing else matters. Heal up quick and get back in the saddle soon.

-BD

Ed,

The same thing happened to me 30 years ago only she was 15 with a learners permit and her 17 year old boyfriend in the car with her (illegal). Didn't total the bike but I was thinking the same thing you did when I went over the hood in a sommersault. Passerby helped me straighten the forks out (bikes were pretty simple back then) and I rode to the doctors office where he pasted stuff all over my road rash. Ruined a good Bell helmet and my bike.

Get well soon and back on a new bike. :rolleyes:

AZ

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to hear that you are basically OK.

A good friend of mine wasn't so lucky last month, he won't be walking for about 4 months.

Glad to hear you have good family to help out.

Best Wishes

DAMN, and OUCH!

Two good points: You're still alive, and the bike can be replaced!

Seems most car drivers lately don't think anything matters if it's outside their windshield. :angry: A friend of mine was almost killed last year by a delivery van that pulled an illegal u-turn without looking. He hit the side of the truck at 35 MPH. He spent 5 days in a coma, and a couple of months in rehab.

Ride with your hi-beams on during the day, and slow down near intersections. That's saved me from becoming a statistic several times so far.

I am glad you are okay. FUCK! Considering all this I guess we have to slack off on you and not get too bent out of shape about you trailering your ride to the event ;)

HOLY CRAP!!!!

Damn man, we seem to be a cursed group!

The forks look terrible, ouch. Glad you sustained minor injury!

I'm sure you had some choice words for the cager!!!

Doesn't it just suck that you put in all that work and time to fix it, then had that "I did it," feeling for a while, then this.... Well, I know how it feels, but at least you have insurance. Heal up, and trash this one. Bitten once, ok, but bitten twice on the same cycle and it's time to get rid of her. If I had insurance mine would be out the door!

Nothing new to add on top of what's been said... glad to hear you weren't more seriously injured... tough to see an FJR looking like that and realize it only took some dimwitted cagers inattention of a few seconds to cause it.

Let's hope we can have a moratorium on similar incidences for a while... at least till after WFO, hopefully longer.

Did I hear you say, "This time I didn't touch the windshield" ? Have made that flight before? Well, I guess that ends the myth that once you lay the bike down, you don't have to worry about it anymore...

Get well soon brother.

Shit Fuck and all that........ Seriously. It could have been any of us. Glad you are OK

Asked once by Toecutter, What gear, if any, were you wearing and how did it work

Heal quickly

So very sorry to hear about this!!! Am glad to hear you will be OK in time.

This girl gets the award......

HeadUptheAssAward.jpg

Feel better soon. Looks like you have a great looking nurse to kiss all the boo boo's.

Holy crap! So sorry to hear that ... and to see those photos. You're very fortunate. Glad you're ok.

Shit medic... not good. Really glad that you're relatively ok, though.

Glad you are OK.

Hope you get taken care of financially.

Every time I hear about one of these accidents, I wonder what consequences await for the offender. I have heard too many stories of virtually nothing happening to people who endanger the lives of others on the road, and it really gets me riled. Do me a favor and take that female to the cleaners, if you can!

Best regards, get well soon, and stay careful out there, EM!