What's the Weather like where YOU are today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A pause in the middle of (another) blizzard. I had figured that my snowblower (22 years old) was pretty much done for. Looked at the weather forecast yesterday, the lack of blowers in local stores and my bank account and decided it might be worth having a closer look at it. Froze my fingers and toes working on it in the garage yesterday. After throwing $100 in parts at it, we're back in business! An hour with the snowblower (4 °F, 30-50 mph wind) replaced at least 6 hours of shovelling. Snow is still coming down and I'm sure the plow will dump 3-4' in the end of the driveway (again).

Weather full sun, no wind, and 72 degrees. Unusual indeed even for Nor-Cal Feb. Bad part the FJR and the HD giving me dirty looks for not going for a ride. Trying to finish up working on new baseboard install in our Master BR. Ugh. 😬

Yeah... pretty rough down here too.
https://www.weather.com/weather/5day/l/33301:4:US

Its gonna be downright chilly on Wednesday and Thursday!
Don't be a dick...
You're just jealous of the bitchin' twisties down here...

florida_highway.jpg

I'm a coupla hours south of Joe and the weather sucks here, too.

It's aboot 8F and snowing. Not supposed to get much snow - maybe an inch but I'm sick of this shit.

Looks like the Kentucky & Tennessee folks are getting hammered, though.

Went out and bought another 100 lbs of Calcium Chloride at the Agway today. I was hoping to have some leftover for use in the pool, but the pool is lost under ice and snow.

I still got to ride this week, so there is a fresh tank of gas in the bike.

Twenty degrees with light snow. First snow of winter for me . But still cold for us here in central NC.

But it did get me out of work early :)

Was 70F when I woke up this afternoon. 30 minutes later it was raining and the temp had dropped to 50F. With a forecast of more rain and 30F, I wimped out and drove the truck to work tonight. I felt guilty leaving Scar at home but at least he won't get scratched up again.

Let's look at the bright side...I'm unlikely to be involved in a motorcycle accident this week.

Unless I go to help out Beemer Dons by riding his bikes and drinking his beer whilst he recovers.

vtwinn said,
Twenty degrees with light snow. First snow of winter for me . But still cold for us here in central NC. But it did get me out of work early
smile.png
I'm just down the road from vtwinn, about 40 mins southeast. 20 degrees, check. No snow but I got about 1 1/4" of sleet in my yard. Luckily no freezing rain like last year, cleaning up the downed trees was a bee-atch. Looking forward to nighttime lows of 18, 5 & 3 this week- not unheard of for us here in central NC but unusually cold.

She was a smoking -32 here this morning with a wind chill of -45. Can you say colder than a well digger's ass!
JT knows of what he speaks being just down the road and around the corner from me.

I suspect the temps will start moderating a bit in the next week for the long slow climb to spring. Always happens after our late Jan-early Feb cold snap.

JT, try to get some time off the weekend of April 30th and ride down to Mineral Wells for the SE Ohio Ramble with me. You'll have a blast, promise.

Latest posts