Wheaton finally rides to California

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there something going on in Cali in May? Is there someone coming from out of state or something? What's all this about??? :blink:
What is this all about?? This is about meeting up and riding...having fun on the road and with friends over lunch and/or dinner or a beer.

...and THAT'S what it's all about!

EDIT: See post#1 for details.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have tweaked the itinerary a bit in the first post...and included who you can expect to see at the various Tyler organized meets.

I am also looking to ride with Tyler on Friday the 20th up towards Santa Clara. She is looking to revise the route to be similar in nature to the one Fairlaner proposed in Post #257.

I will post that up when it is finalized and can email S&T files at that time.

I have tweaked the itinerary a bit in the first post...and included who you can expect to see at the various Tyler organized meets.

I am also looking to ride with Tyler on Wednesday the 18th up towards Santa Clara. She is looking to revise the route to be similar in nature to the one Fairlaner proposed in Post #257.

Is the word "fickle" too gender-specific?

:D

Wheatie, I understand you've lost a bunch of weight. Will you be recognizable?

:D
Is the word "asshat" too gender-specific?

Just wondering.

Wheatie/Tyler, since my Saturday got gobbled up, my plan now is to intercept the caravan as far south as I can on Friday and ride up toward the Bay Area with ya, join you for dinner, and breakfast on Saturday, and head back for that 4 p.m. wedding back here. Watching for specifics on Friday's leg. I'll catch you again somewhere in the Sierras later too.

Who wants to roommate up on Friday night? I hardly snore at all.

Fickle is a word that has no gender...thanks for trying to trip me up there.

Fickle is a word used for those that have a lot of heads up about arrival times, say they're going to show...then somehow manage not to show up. That would be fickle.

Now I'll let you worry about the male/female thing. Don't spend too much time on that.

Wheatie, I understand you've lost a bunch of weight. Will you be recognizable?
I look just like the guy in the first post...or my avitar...no problem.

I am also looking to ride with Tyler on Wednesday the 18th up towards Santa Clara. She is looking to revise the route to be similar in nature to the one Fairlaner proposed in Post #257.

Wait a minute, Wheatie! Big-D and Chuy are already booked at Motel 6 in Paso Robles, CA on Thursday night, May 19: Per your original instructions! So, are you and Tyler coming back down to PR on 5/19: Or is this a complete change of the fecking plans!

If this part's still the "real deal", then all's well. But I'm surprised how this works if you're riding up to Santa Clara on the 18th. I won't yell at the beautiful Irish Redhead Tyler, but what the fuck over!!!

"Wed May18 Breakfast with Dad...then head north, meet up with airboss and KJ in Los Olivos and ride having Khunajawdge as a tour guide. KJ to assist in performing Trooper Mod!!...have lunch over at Morro Bay. After the day's riding, Stay at this motel: Paso Robles Motel 6

Thu May19 Head north on some great roads...route TBD...and head back on Hwy 1 in the afternoon. Buy Tyler some dinner at Big Bubba's BBQ . Stay overnight at Paso Robles Motel 6"

Wait a minute, Wheatie! Big-D and Chuy are already booked at Motel 6 in Paso Robles, CA on Thursday night, May 19: Per your original instructions! So, are you and Tyler coming back down to PR on 5/19: Or is this a complete change of the fecking plans!
Fook up on my part if that's a direct quote...no change in the overall game plan Don. Just finalizing the route on Friday from Paso Robles to Santa Clara.

...going back to fix the postcheck if Don's a lyin bastard...

It appears that Don is a lying bastard...making me look. Don is on the "banned" list and can only get off the "banned" list by providing me with a couple cold beers each night of the trip. Sorry Don...rules is rules.

Fook up on my part if that's a direct quote...no change in the overall game plan Don. Just finalizing the route on Friday from Paso Robles to Santa Clara.

...going back to fix the post...
Wheatie, it's your ride Brother; amend it as you see fit. Dan and I are just trying to avoid any cancellation fees on hotels! We're still booked for Santa Clara on May 20!

Just double checking here Mark, the sentences below are still fully accurate: Richtig?

"Just finalizing the route on Friday 5/20 from Paso Robles to Santa Clara.

Wed May18 Breakfast with Dad...then head north, meet up with airboss and KJ in Los Olivos and ride having Khunajawdge as a tour guide. KJ to assist in performing Trooper Mod!!...have lunch over at Morro Bay. After the day's riding, Stay at this motel: Paso Robles Motel 6

Thu May19 Head north on some great roads...route TBD...and head back on Hwy 1 in the afternoon. Buy Tyler some dinner at Big Bubba's BBQ . Stay overnight at Paso Robles Motel 6"

Wheatie, this statement is the one that threw me for a loop! I used to live in Atascadero and it was 225 miles from my home to my Union Hall in Santa Clara. I could not figure out why you would be backtracking 225 miles.

I am also looking to ride with Tyler on Wednesday the 18th up towards Santa Clara.

Wheatie, please PM me your phone number and I'll give you a call ASAP! Or send me an e-mail at [email protected]

Wheatie, this statement is the one that threw me for a loop! I used to live in Atascadero and it was 225 miles from my home to my Union Hall in Santa Clara. I could not figure out why you would be backtracking 225 miles.

I am also looking to ride with Tyler on Wednesday the 18th up towards Santa Clara.
Yeah... we're riding up to Santa Clara on Friday the 20th, honey. Well, I am at least... ;)

I am also looking to ride with Tyler on Wednesday the 18th up towards Santa Clara.[/i]

Wheatie, please PM me your phone number and I'll give you a call ASAP! Or send me an e-mail at [email protected]

Don,

I don't see that statement in Post #1...and if it is there, it is a typo.

I'm heading north with Tyler on Friday, not Wednesday...so hold the phone/don't have a heart attack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you're good Don...we're going be in PR Wednesday and Thursday nights, Santa Clara Friday night.

You 'Zonies need to chill. :D

Thursday (5/26), we'll do the Back Way route up to and around Lake Tahoe and back, parting ways in the afternoon where Gold Hill Road tees into 193 in the afternoon, with you going west to Lincoln and me returning to Auburn. Here's the deets:

This "Back Way" will be the alternative to I-80 for all but about 15 miles from Auburn to Truckee. It is mostly what is left of historic Old Hwy.40, with a few exceptions, and the route back will have some differences from the route up. Our route will take us by Donner Lake and all the way around Lake Tahoe . . . BEFORE tourist season arrives -- LOTS of photo ops this time of year with clouds, blue sky, deep blue lake and snow on the mountain tops. Lunch probably at The Landing, on the Lake in Kings Beach.

Thursday, May 26, 2010, meet @ the Starbucks at 13345 Lincoln Way in Auburn, which is ~100 yards west of Foresthill Road and just south of I-80 at its Foresthill exit. Chevron gasoline available at the corner about 75 yards from Starbucks. Kickstands up at 9:30 am. Rough guess is that you'll be in Lincoln between 4 and 5 pm.

(If you're staying at the Super 8 in Auburn, you'll be less than a half mile away from Starbucks.)

Rich...wanted to thank you again for setting up this ride on Thursday...looks really nice!

Uh Wheatie, it was in this post just a couple of hours ago! FICKLED UP!!!

Yeah... we're riding up to Santa Clara on Friday the 20th, honey. Well, I am at least... ;)
Sweetie, your Papa Chuy will follow you anywhere. The Fickle One, not so much there!

Uh Wheatie, it was in this post just a couple of hours ago! FICKLED UP!!!
He's cute but a little slow... ;)