Wheaton finally rides to California

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been watching this thread for what seems like months now, and its time for me to go ahead and jump in. I'm in the Bay area, so I'm planning on meeting up with the crew at Alice's on Saturday morning, then staying on the route through maybe Wednesday.

My plan will be:

Saturday night - Bodega Bay Coast Inn (if still available)

Sunday and Monday night - Fortuna Super 8

Tuesday night - friend's house in Rocklin (couple miles from Auburn)

Wednesday - ride with the crew around the Sierra, then head for home

Wheatie - you mentioned somewhere that you've got the Sena headset - I've got one too, so if you want to bring it along we can try and hook 'em up.

I've been watching this thread for what seems like months now, and its time for me to go ahead and jump in. I'm in the Bay area, so I'm planning on meeting up with the crew at Alice's on Saturday morning, then staying on the route through maybe Wednesday.

My plan will be:

Saturday night - Bodega Bay Coast Inn (if still available)

Sunday and Monday night - Fortuna Super 8

Tuesday night - friend's house in Rocklin (couple miles from Auburn)

Wednesday - ride with the crew around the Sierra, then head for home

Wheatie - you mentioned somewhere that you've got the Sena headset - I've got one too, so if you want to bring it along we can try and hook 'em up.
Great...another one for the list. You will need to post up in Tyler's threads (there are links to them in post#1) as she may miss your post in this thread monstrosity.

Looking forward to meeting you russ perry, or is it russp erry, or rus sperry...I guess I'll find out eventually. :D

Yeah, I'll have the SENA Headset for music anyways since airboss doesn't have one...but yes, we can hook 'em up and you can tell me all about the roads ahead! ;)

See you in a few weeks.

Are any Iowan's going to stop by the big I-80 truckstop and have breakfast with us? Maybe ride ahead on I-80 to clear the roads? :D

If you haven't already, please post up if you plan to be on this Most Excellent Adventure and attending dinner so I can make a reservation at the Eel River Brewery.

No wussy "oh, I'm not sure I can make it" crap. Make a phucking commitment and show up. :D
Yeah...you tell 'em Tyler!!
EDIT - I should most probably be able to make it to the meet that weekend, but my plans are still in flux for May, unfortunately, so I can't commit 100% :(
Paging puppychow: Uh Sam, Miss Tyler was just talking to you! Were your ears burning?

What can I say I am a wuss! :( All I can commit right now is that I will be there to meet Wheatie at least ONE of those days, just not sure which day yet. :(

Well, besides the invitation from Rich/exskibum to lead a ride out to Lake Tahoe way on Thursday, May 26th (see posts above and in post #1),

It looks like Bugnatr is looking to host a ride from Grass Valley on Wednesday, May 25th...my 52nd birthday. I'm sure he will start up a thread on it to see who is interested...but these are the details that he told me so far...

Mark, why not add an invite of our Wed. 25th ride to your post.
We can plan a 9 am meet in Grass Valley for anyone who wants to join us. The route will be the secret back way to Oroville then on up Hwy 70 (the Feather River canyon) to Quincy for lunch at the Courthouse Cafe and back to Grass Valley via LaPorte Rd (if open-I'll know by then) or Hwy49 to Grass Valley. Plenty of twisty's no matter how we do this.

This is an easy day ride with plenty of time for photo stops etc.
So, for you in the area (not you Skooty, too far for you)... come ride with Bugnatr and us on Wednesday, May 25th, and Rich/exskibum and us on Thursday, May 26th...

Man, this California trip is gonna be a cornucopia of good times and good roads!! :yahoo:

At this rate I will be gone all summer............

R
and Jeff hasn't posted his Rally yet either......
laugh.gif

Man, this California trip is gonna be a cornucopia of good times and good roads!! :yahoo:
Is any of this written up where a fellah can find it and figger out where to lay in wait by the side of what road to try to catch a glimpse of Wheatie and his entourage as they all go by...? :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Get this trip over with already. I want to see pictures and read a ride report to rival OldMichael's...

Wait....I could go too...possibly...hrm........
Definitely show up there TC. I'm surprised more of you midwest Ironbutters aren't taking the opportunity to crash the party...I mean I thought "The continent is your playground" was an IBA mantra or sumpin! :clapping:

A ride report to rival Old Michael's will never happen from me...ever. However, I will do my best at documenting things in a Wheaton sort of way...in 15 min installments after I get back...if I ever get back. :)

Edit: Linky to Bugnatr's ride. clicky

Is any of this written up where a fellah can find it and figger out where to lay in wait by the side of what road to try to catch a glimpse of Wheatie and his entourage as they all go by...? :blink:
Yes, refer to Post #1. CLICKITYCLICK
Gosh, when did folks start taking me so seriously? :p
Brother Hans, I keep my cell phone on 24/7/365, feel free to call me at 480-440-4666 if you want to catch the group "on the fly".

Get this trip over with already. I want to see pictures and read a ride report to rival OldMichael's...

Wait....I could go too...possibly...hrm........
Definitely show up there TC. I'm surprised more of you midwest Ironbutters aren't taking the opportunity to crash the party...I mean I thought "The continent is your playground" was an IBA mantra or sumpin! :clapping:
I can't ride out with you because I might be in Boston for training the week of May 9. I won't get home until Saturday. I looked at the itinerary and if the money allows, I might race out there in time to follow the group from SoCal to MidCal...

and I'm a working slob...I only have 16hrs of time off presently...

I'll ask my boss :)

Sorry TC, wasn't jabbing you, really. ;)

I was going more for Mr "one day from Wheaton out to Kali" -

yeah you Skooty baby... :D

2boysfromwheatonMay2007Hooterville.jpg
Wheatie, SkootyG isn't coming because he's pissed off at his Papa Chuy. My Gal Donna isn't going to be able to attend due to her recurring respiratory problems, she was a life long smoker (she quit 12 years ago) and she spent four days in the hospital this month.

So, my "date" for this event is Big-D; Dan the Man and Senor Medina will be sharing lodgings from Thursday night through Monday morning. SkooterG gets his pantyhose in a wad if I'm staying with another man. He'd feel better if he could "sleep" with 'R' Fairlaner!

Sorry to hear of your Donna not feeling well. Let's hope she feels better soon.

I have no idea what you and Big-D are going to be doing together or why Skooter's wearing panties...don't want to know.

I know what you meant. No offense taken

I'm going over the budget and asking the boss how flexible the "work from home" deal is. If the stars align, I could go and might have to skip one or two days of riding with the group...maybe.

I know what you meant. No offense taken

I'm going over the budget and asking the boss how flexible the "work from home" deal is. If the stars align, I could go and might have to skip one or two days of riding with the group...maybe.
Wowser, that's some long distance riding there twistedcricket! +1, Gunny; Bravo!

Latest posts