wheatonFJR's Inaugural Appalacian FJR Camping Meet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We need an FU Bob smiley made...lol. :D

Here's a link to the video my wife made while we were doing the Dragon. Unfortunately, the battery in the camera died about 4 minutes in...I think we're going to invest in a proper riding camera at some point (she liked it).

While I was riding and listening to tunes I thought this quote from a Jackson Brown song was very appropriate: "We have time to think of the ones we love while the miles roll away, the only time that seems to short is the time that we get to play"
Mike
Great to hear you had a good time, Mr. Moose!

Here's a link to the video my wife made while we were doing the Dragon. Unfortunately, the battery in the camera died about 4 minutes in...I think we're going to invest in a proper riding camera at some point (she liked it).

The alternating helmet, and road views are quite interesting. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I headed out at 06:00 Sunday, (Yeah, sorry for the noise so early, but at least I didn't blip the throttle.) Rode from 6 to 10PM when I got home. Exactly 900 miles. The new Russell seat is perfect.

Completely awesome get together. Roads were excellent. Many thanks to Mr.'s Ed and Fubar for posting up the routes. They were ideal.

And a huge thanks to Mr. Weattie for dreaming this one up. It was a great idea that apparently was way overdue, judging by the attendance. I didn't count but there were alot of bikes there and even more people as many were 2 up.

Sweet, what time next year?

Heh, yea, we're no professionals...I didn't even know she was filming most of the time. :blink:

What a great time this weekend was! Got home about 7PM yesterday (lots of rain). Thanks, Mark, for putting this together. It was a blast meeting and riding with new friends. I'm just glad I could keep up with all you guys seeing as I was a homo cabin boy. Can't wait to do it again.

Oh yeah,

[SIZE=36pt]F--- You, Bob![/SIZE]

What a great time this weekend was! Got home about 7PM yesterday (lots of rain). Thanks, Mark, for putting this together. It was a blast meeting and riding with new friends. I'm just glad I could keep up with all you guys seeing as I was a homo cabin boy. Can't wait to do it again.
Oh yeah,

[SIZE=36pt]F__K YOU TOO< YOU F__KING F__K![/SIZE] :fuck:

Looks like we all made it home right around the same time. We were about 6:30. Great to meet and ride with you Will, even though you were a cabin homo! :drinks:

Oh yeah,

[SIZE=36pt]F__K YOU TOO< YOU F__KING F__K![/SIZE] :fuck:

Looks like we all made it home right around the same time. We were about 6:30. Great to meet and ride with you Will, even though you were a cabin homo! :drinks:
Our mini Hilton was quite cozy, homo'ish or not, heh. :D

JUST A LITTLE ADVANCE NOTICE... I won't be organizing the Appalacian camping meet for 2011...so if anyone wants to step up and take the reins for next year's gathering - this is your notice that it is now available for organizing.

JUST A LITTLE ADVANCE NOTICE... I <b>won't</b> be organizing the Appalacian camping meet for 2011...so if anyone wants to step up and take the reins for next year's gathering - this is your notice that it is now available for organizing.

JUST IN CASE SOMEBODY wants to take up the reins for this little event for 2011...have at it.

I might be able to take the reins back up for 2012 (when the world ends) but this coming year is a no go for this spring camping meet in the Appalacians as I will be with the wifey in Kali.

So consider this a reminder for somebody to take up the mantle...I was considering Breaks Interstate Park before bowing out. Might be a good way to preview the EOM area roads on the way in or out.

Actually, it seems that EOM has sort of followed your lead to a certain extent, Mark.

So if it (the spring camp-o-rama) doesn't happen again until 2012, so be it, right?

. . . this coming year is a no go for this spring camping meet in the Appalacians as I will be with the wifey in Kali.
Hell, you can still organize it, Mark.

Have it in Kali. :D
Ah Crapola, whenever SacramentoMike posts to a thread I immediately click on it; hoping to see part of his collection of naked chick photos! And here it's only Wheatie!

Stay tuned...someone over at FJRiders has PM'd me and said that they will step up to the plate. Expect an announcement for the 2011 Appalacian FJR Camping meet soon.

Stay tuned.

Stay tuned...someone over at FJRiders has PM'd me and said that they will step up to the plate. Expect an announcement for the 2011 Appalacian FJR Camping meet soon.

Stay tuned.
tuning tuning...ExtremeMarine to the white courtesy phone

will be same place May 19-22, 2011...was a mention it won't conflict with SFO this year :)

Stay tuned.
tuning tuning...ExtremeMarine to the white courtesy phone

will be same place May 19-22, 2011...was a mention it won't conflict with SFO this year :)
Patriot...you are in the wrong thread you big dork. :)

Big B already started a thread for this coming May's event.