wheatonFJR's Inaugural Appalacian FJR Camping Meet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same for all! With the now very strong probability for a wet outing, TAKE IT SLOW! A successful meet is one with no casualties. Be safe and look forward to meeting some new faces.

Odd follow up question. Hoping I didn't make a mistake. With almost certain precipitation this weekend I coated the windscreen with Rain-X. Will this help or did I create an issue? Just like me to sweat the details at the finish line........ :unsure:

Dave

I hope that somehow you can still make it Chester. Mike, Steve, and Rob are coming all the way from Canada to pester you. :rolleyes:
Mark, I hope to be there sometime Saturday. I have a project for theses attorneys, I think that the first class attorneys take is procrastination, that once I get it done I am off the rest of the month, otherwise I would have to come back to Kansas City after the gathering. This way, I can keep on going.

Chester

Odd follow up question. Hoping I didn't make a mistake. With almost certain precipitation this weekend I coated the windscreen with Rain-X. Will this help or did I create an issue? Just like me to sweat the details at the finish line........ :unsure:
Dave
Badddd. That will cause the air to leak out of your tires. The only known fix is to take your fairing tupperware off and disconnect your battery....then reconnect your harness after stripping your spiders off and soldering the connectors back on. Then after performing the "reverse tbs", you want to cycle the key on and off three times. Then and only then can you remove the Rain-X...by using a smidge of brake fluid.

Then you should be good to go...

You just read it on the innernets, so it must be true.

I just strapped my tent and sleeping bag on the back seat. Bike is ready to go. I'll be riding the loaded bike to the office in the rain and cold tomorrow, and start out from there in the afternoon as early as I can sneak out.

I hope that somehow you can still make it Chester. Mike, Steve, and Rob are coming all the way from Canada to pester you. :rolleyes:
Mark, I hope to be there sometime Saturday. I have a project for theses attorneys, I think that the first class attorneys take is procrastination, that once I get it done I am off the rest of the month, otherwise I would have to come back to Kansas City after the gathering. This way, I can keep on going.

Chester
Great...I'll look for you. I'm arriving Friday night and leaving Monday am for points north.

That is a good feeling, I can tell you that. :yahoo: You guys have a good ride down...is your buddy from NJ or NY? I couldn't remember.
Paul is in northern NJ, near where NJ, NY, and PA meet. He's planning to put some steaks on the grill for Wednesday evening. :cheff:

I just saw an updated weather report for my area, up to 3 inches of snow in the early AM. :cold:

That is a good feeling, I can tell you that. :yahoo: You guys have a good ride down...is your buddy from NJ or NY? I couldn't remember.
Paul is in northern NJ, near where NJ, NY, and PA meet. He's planning to put some steaks on the grill for Wednesday evening. :cheff:

I just saw an updated weather report for my area, up to 3 inches of snow in the early AM. :cold:
mmmmm steaks. :)

If it's gonna be cold...even more reason to head south. :clapping:

Left early am for Boone then cruso and got 2 hrs down the hy to the border, and got a blowout at speed. Talk about wooden steering. Although I have a repair kit and compressor and can usually repair this stuff, I had to pull over on a very sloping gravel shoulder on a busy stretch of 401 and could barely find a spot to put the sidestand down, much less repair anything. I decided to swap out both tires now (my cfr2009 tires, hardly used) and flatbedded the bike (Yea CAA) to my home dealer. I'll leave again tomorrow bright and early. I'll skip 1 day of boone and still make thur in cruso i hope.

(I should have changed out those tires before leaving )

That's only strike 1 Pierre, you still have 2 more. Glad to hear you landed safely. Fixing a tire on the shoulder of the 401 in the rain would be very interesting to say the least.

I'm all packed and ready to roll tomorrow morning. Looks like it will be a cool wet ride for the first day. Looking forward to testing my new "waterproof" boots.

Just so you don't worry Mark, I've packed a few Canuckian suds (assuming they make it that far)

See you all there!

24 hours to launch! Looks like the temps will be OK, but we may see some liquid sunshine. I just hope it holds out till the tent is set up! Sucks putting up a tent in the rain!

That's only strike 1 Pierre, you still have 2 more. Glad to hear you landed safely. Fixing a tire on the shoulder of the 401 in the rain would be very interesting to say the least.
I'm all packed and ready to roll tomorrow morning. Looks like it will be a cool wet ride for the first day. Looking forward to testing my new "waterproof" boots.

Just so you don't worry Mark, I've packed a few Canuckian suds (assuming they make it that far)

See you all there!
All right! :yahoo:

Anybody gonna be in the Winchester, Virginia area in the am who would be interested in meeting up for the ride down????
What route were you planning? I presume you will just slab down 81? I know it wouldn't make any sense for you to come towards Fredericksburg, but if you did we could work something out. We would need to leave that area no later than 8:45-9:00 if we are to meet burnspot for lunch in Greensboro. Be happy to have you join if you so choose.
Intech, If I get up early enough, I will give you a call. Might be a late night for me, so I', not sure if I will.

Pm sent.