Which shim kit for 2015 FJR1300

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many years ago there was a thread, might have even had a poll attached, asking what new shim sizes were needed when reshimming. The idea was to develop an FJR specific shim kit that would have 8 of each of the possible required sizes ( there were only a few possible shim sizes likely) so that you would know with reasonable certainty that you would have what you needed on hand. The idea was that this would be a loaner kit, and whatever shims you used you would have to replace before passing it along. Unfortunately it was a great idea that died on the vine. But if you find that thread it should have the info you would need to make your own kit.

Many years ago there was a thread, might have even had a poll attached, asking what new shim sizes were needed when reshimming. The idea was to develop an FJR specific shim kit that would have 8 of each of the possible required sizes ( there were only a few possible shim sizes likely) so that you would know with reasonable certainty that you would have what you needed on hand. The idea was that this would be a loaner kit, and whatever shims you used you would have to replace before passing it along. Unfortunately it was a great idea that died on the vine. But if you find that thread it should have the info you would need to make your own kit.
You started it. ;) Not many participants though....

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=137428&mode=show&st=

Oh boy. I remembered the thread, but not that I had started it. Old Timers disease is setting in..,

I wish more folks had chimed in. That would have been useful info

Oh boy. I remembered the thread, but not that I had started it. Old Timers disease is setting in..,
I wish more folks had chimed in. That would have been useful info
I'd chime in, butt every time I check my valves, they're in spec. Got the 78K service come'in up soon, maybe sum'll be out this time?