Witness Needed

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sportrides

Reaction score
Hello all. I am planning an all Nevada BBG out of the Reno area on June 23rd. I am looking for a start and end witness for the ride. I plan to start the ride between 3:30 and 4 am. If anybody will be in the area on the June 23rd and 24th and willing to be a witness I would very much appreciate the help. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too bad you couldn't join us two weeks ago when a bunch of us did an all-Nevada BBG.

Best of luck on your ride.

Thanks for the input. Well...SkooterG I was there on the Honda CBR1000RR and missed the time by 35 minutes-remember I was on the slow bike! Going to try again in a couple of weeks.

I sold the CBR and bought a 2007 Truimph Tiger 1050 last week (my my a British bike). It was one owner, well taken care of with 14,000 miles on the odometer. I will ride that one. I was going to do it on the ZX-14, but I am having a few technical issues with the cortech soft luggage system hitting those bazooka exhaust pipes. I've had the Triumph for one week now and it's a sweet bike. It fits in well with the others as it adds diversity to the stable. It has Triumph hard luggage already in place (though not on par with the BMW, FJR, or Concours luggage as far as quality and security), but adequate none-the-less. Well, gee, anything is an improvement on the luggage system I had on the CBR in the TLAE - a tank bag and a tail bag.

Going up to Hollister tomorrow to pick up the Corbin seat. Getting the PIAA lights installed Friday. GPS is mounted and ready to go. Taller windscreen in the mail. Heated grips in place. I'm not going to mount the radar detector as cruising above 80 mph on that bike just isn't near a smooth as the super bikes.

Having said that...that triple is a wonderful engine! It has a beautiful and very slight, but pleasurable hum at about 78 mph. I get close to 200 miles on a tank, but will carry 1.75 extra gallons just in case. The longest stretch without fuel will be between Ely and Tonopah. I should make it on the stock tank, but why risk it by not carrying a little extra as there could be many things that affect my mileage in a negative way (can you relate to that ScooterG?) Running out of gas would blow the whole ride.

More to come. Thanks for the support!

Test rode the Tiger 1050 a few years back - LOVED that bike. Great motor, good handling. Not sure about the stock seating position, as that seat puts you in one place, but nothing a custom seat can't solve.

I look forward to reading your 'successful' ride report.

Prep is coming along on the new mount. Corbin seat yesterday. PIAA driving lights today. Few more things to go. Updated to the most recent fuel mapping at the shop today and it really woke that thing up in the midrange. What a difference.

One cool thing is that when I was up at Corbin Seats yesterday I got to chit chatting with another guy with a Triumph cruiser also getting a seat. Well, it turns out that he lives in Reno and agreed to act as my second witness! That seems promising.

I will continue with the prep of the big cat. Do I have a "new" favorite bike? Maybe for this week!

Last edited by a moderator:
I sold the CBR and bought a 2007 Truimph Tiger 1050 last week (my my a British bike). It was one owner, well taken care of with 14,000 miles on the odometer. I will ride that one. I was going to do it on the ZX-14, but I am having a few technical issues with the cortech soft luggage system hitting those bazooka exhaust pipes. I've had the Triumph for one week now and it's a sweet bike. It fits in well with the others as it adds diversity to the stable. It has Triumph hard luggage already in place (though not on par with the BMW, FJR, or Concours luggage as far as quality and security), but adequate none-the-less. Well, gee, anything is an improvement on the luggage system I had on the CBR in the TLAE - a tank bag and a tail bag.

Going up to Hollister tomorrow to pick up the Corbin seat. Getting the PIAA lights installed Friday. GPS is mounted and ready to go. Taller windscreen in the mail. Heated grips in place. I'm not going to mount the radar detector as cruising above 80 mph on that bike just isn't near a smooth as the super bikes.

Having said that...that triple is a wonderful engine! It has a beautiful and very slight, but pleasurable hum at about 78 mph. I get close to 200 miles on a tank, but will carry 1.75 extra gallons just in case. The longest stretch without fuel will be between Ely and Tonopah. I should make it on the stock tank, but why risk it by not carrying a little extra as there could be many things that affect my mileage in a negative way (can you relate to that ScooterG?) Running out of gas would blow the whole ride.

More to come. Thanks for the support!
I also ride a Tiger 1050. To make it even better on longer rides, with better legs, switch your front sprocket to a 19. World of difference. Best of luck to you. Make sure you go out there and represent Triumph proudly. I know you will. And remember, we all love pics.

1,575 SkooterG. I will save the bigger rides for you crazies!!! I am riding with Greg whom I met at the TLAE. I think he was on an LT for that ride. He says he will be riding a RT-P tomorrow. I am in Reno now just hanging out.

Coastie I thought about the gear change to the Tiger a few days ago and I just didn't have the time to do the swap. I have only had the bike 3 weeks and have been busy getting it ready for this ride. I am used to riding big inline 4's with a lot of power so now I get to try out a different bike that won't be smooth as silk at any speed. It should be fun!

I will take a lot of pics.

0300 sitting at the computer and having my quick morning coffee. I want to thank Pete for riding to meet us last night to be our start witness. Gotta suit up, saddle up, and go meet Greg at Shell! Have a good day all. ted